Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Ohio
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 PM

Default 2017 ORPA Highpower Rifle at Camp Perry

Hi all
Just got this email : "GUNSMOKE DIGITAL EDITION,April - May 2017"

"...The second event is to announce the changes to the HighPower program. Due to financial issues and the direction the program was headed it was felt it would be in the best interest of the Association to remove the HighPower Directors and find someone to put the program back on track...

...As of now, we have only two HighPower matches at Camp Perry this year: Motherís Day weekend and Father's Day weekend. If no replacement directors are found we may have to cancel this year's matches. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause but the problems that have been brought to my attention could not continue. A proper direction in the best interest of Ohio competitive shooters and the Association itself will be found and implemented as soon as possible..."

"MAY 6, 2017 ORPA / NRA REGIONAL INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
MAY 7, 2017 ANNUAL SERVICE RIFLE INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
JUNE 17, 2017 ORPA STATE HIGHPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP
JUNE 18, 2017 CMP EIC (LEG) MATCH"

http://www.orpa.net/gunsmoke/2017aprmaygunsmoke.pdf

http://orpa.net/index.php/shooting-d...ifle/highpower

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/
Old 04-05-2017, 01:11 PM

If these are cancelled for whatever reason, please be aware MRPA IS ALSO holding the SR state championship and a leg on Father's Day weekend in Port Huron @ Blue Water Sportsman's Association.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
Old 04-12-2017, 05:43 PM

2017 ORPA season totally cancelled.My club ( Alliance Rifle Club in Malvern, Oh. ) is trying to get approval to hold the match & service rifle state highpower championships on 5-14.Also trying to get approval to hold state service rifle championship on 5-28.Will update when new info becomes available.

Last edited by VALKRIDER; 04-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:51 AM

Really a shame to see the ORPA going down over the years and now with 2017 cancelled. I can recall when these were some of the best run HP matches. We would have in excess of 125 shooters, back in the day.
Vic
Old 04-17-2017, 08:30 PM

Both matches have been approved. www.alliancerifleclub.us look under match bulletins/membership info.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:58 PM

Thank you valkrider!

Hey everyone- I shot in 2 matches at Alliance Rifle Club in October, 2016.
VERY nice facility, well run matches!

Just sayin.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/