Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2017, 11:58 PM

Default Mid-Atlantic matches and training

Situation: I live in Marland, and I want to see if it's feasible to find places in the region (driving distance) to first practice for some CMP-format matches (I'm thinking the As-Issued Garand and Carbine since I have one of each) and then have a try at competing in them.

A friend of mine has found a couple of clubs in Jersey, of all places, that have the as-issued matches and, at one, vintage sniper matches - these sound excellent to me!

But is there anywhere a guy can find ranges to practice on to 600 yards? Maryland has about 1, but are there places in VA, WV, DE, maybe southern PA?

I know this has come up before but I want to put that together with "where else can you find regional CMP (or CMP-format) matches without having to drive to NC or Talladega, etc?"

So, are there any actual options in the mid-Atlantic, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 AM

We are having a Garand, Springfield, & Vintage match Sept 23 at Reade Range near Allemans Pa. central Pa. near Tyrone, Pa. probably a 3 hr. drive from most places near D.C. We get a fair amount of guys from that area.
www.readerange.org

Reade has range capacity out to 1000 yds.

Also Ft Hill outside of Cumberland Md. has a good slate of GSV matches