Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 07:39 PM

Default 2017 New England Games

I participated in the game this past weekend and they were better than last years games and that's saying a lot.
Base accommodations were great and many of the shooters took advantage of them. Chris from the V.S.R.&P.A. took care of the billeting and meal arrangements and everyone looked to be enjoying themselves.
The matches themselves were fantastic. the C.M.P. set up the electronic targets on the 200' rifle range and they were put to good use. Many shooters re-entering two and three times to shoot their rifles. Ten relays on a twenty target line were shot on Friday and Saturday. There were also M1 carbine, .22 sporter and 1911 and M&P pistol matches.
I had a wonderful time in spite of my poor shooting. I'm looking forward to next years match already.
The C.M.P. store had many nice M1s for sale and I scored a nice Winchester Field Grade and a 440 can of HXP for my son.
I took a few pictures but they look the same as last years. The CMP photographer took a ton of pics so you should look them over when they're posted. Eddie

Last edited by epm729; 09-28-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:09 PM

Do you know if Carbine was shot on the E-targets?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:16 PM

Carbine was shot on paper.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:40 PM

The GSVM matches and Vintage Sniper were done on the KTS electronic targets. Carbine on a smaller range using paper. I have no idea about the pistol or rimfire matches, but assume those were paper also.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Yes, the pistol and .22 matches were on paper targets. Eddie
Old 09-28-2017, 01:56 PM

EIC match was on electric targets as well.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsbc View Post
EIC match was on electric targets as well.
The targets worked great across the course.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 AM

I couldn't agree more with the above sentiments, this year's New England Games were an absolute blast. The CMP Staff and all of the volunteers from the V.S.R.&P.A. once again put together a fantastic event in VT. The selection of rifles (WRA SG's/.308 Specials/ Correct AND Collector grades!) and the pallet of HXP that were for sale at the Competitor Only Sales Event put a smile on my face, and made my credit card shed a few tears from the beating it took...though thankfully the suspension on my Tacoma wasn't forced to suffer the same abuse it received last year

The electronic targets were extremely accurate and a pleasure to use. Originally I had only signed up for one match on Saturday, and wound up shooting three thanks to those targets!!!

Thanks to all responsible for coordinating what I hope will continue to be an annual match!

Matt