Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ljagdtiger
Default Magazine cut off mis use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriec View Post
It's my understanding the intent was to allow controlled single round loading and firing. Basically a single shot method holding the "magazine" in reserve for magazine fire i.e. rapid fire. Again the issue of ammunition expenditure makes itself known. Same idea when the burst limit system on GI M16 variants came around. Don't have to watch too much Vietnam era footage of mag dumps on full auto over the top of a log or bag wall to wonder why the brass ever thought up such ridiculous ideas. Was a time when the idea was one at a time and make them count. Yes of course you are hanging it out.
A COUPLE YEARS AGO I WAS AT MY LOCAL GUN CLUB.
I KEPT WATCHING A FELLOW SHOOTER OPENING AND CLOSING THE MAGAZINE CUT OFF. OUT OF CURIOSITY I ASKED THE GUY WHAT HE WAS DOING. HE STATED THAT HE WAS USING THE SAFETY. I CALMLY TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN.
I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT HE WAS DOING. THAT THE SAFETY WAS LOCATED ON BOLT. I DONT THINK THINK HE HAD ANY BUSINESS WITH A FIRE ARM AS HE CONTINUED TO USE THE CUTOFF.
AS I WAS CLUB VICE PRESIDENT, I BROUGHT THIS TO THE ATTENTION OF MY BOARD OF DIRECTORS. HE WAS REQUESTED TO ATTEND A BOARD MEETING TO GET HIM CORRECTED. NEVER SHOWED SO WE REMOVED HIM FROM THE CLUB. SO SAD THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE THAT OUT THERE.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:10 PM

Sometimes difficult to ascertain whether it is embarrassment or stupidity that drives some folks to such lengths. Either way based on this person's response to your kind offer to provide instruction leaves me heartily supporting your action. Seems more the norm than the exception these days with the advent of internet weapons blogs and supplies all, the Mall Ninjas and weekend Ricky Rangers are definitely among us. Stay safe.