Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2017, 06:09 PM

these are really tough time, Hurricanes and now this. i wonder if there's an explanation for all this and maybe a way to prepare and avoid all this.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:14 PM

Being a Floridian, I think I'd rather take my chances with a hurricane. Best of luck gentlemen, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM

In the last two years I've been through 2 nasty hurricanes. I don't know what's worse but I do know the feelings these people are going through is horrible. The end result of either is devastation and heartbreak. Total hopelessness as there is NOTHING you can do. Good luck folks.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 PM

In one view I saw today there was a fire hose laying on the ground under pressure with the nozzle turned off and the house to the right of it burning down. No firemen in sight. Have the feeling they had to get out of Dodge themselves.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:16 PM

Wish we were able to send you some of the rainfall that we got from Irma or Nate.

Stay safe Larry!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Wish we were able to send you some of the rainfall that we got from Irma or Nate.

Stay safe Larry!
Ditto. We are expecting more by the end of the week which we don't need while CA does. I went out tonight at 1800 to cut more of the trees that are down. That lasted less than 30 minutes before we got more rain.

Larry, has anyone out there ever thought about putting sprinklers on the roofs of homes so that when there is a fire, you turn on a low volume system that just wets the roof?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1heart View Post
these are really tough time, Hurricanes and now this. i wonder if there's an explanation for all this and maybe a way to prepare and avoid all this.
"avoid all this", no, prepare yes, climate is cyclamate, we are now heading out of or comfort zone.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Don View Post
Ditto. We are expecting more by the end of the week which we don't need while CA does. I went out tonight at 1800 to cut more of the trees that are down. That lasted less than 30 minutes before we got more rain.

Larry, has anyone out there ever thought about putting sprinklers on the roofs of homes so that when there is a fire, you turn on a low volume system that just wets the roof?
Our daughter in Volcano has a big #30 Rainbird on top of their house
Old 10-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Default Sad

Our thoughts and prayers for safety first, property second are with you, Larry, Dave, and all in California (both north and south). Fire is just so all-consuming with absolutely nothing left to salvage. It is very scary.

But save your life first. Property is secondary. Good luck and Godspeed.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:16 PM

"Larry, has anyone out there ever thought about putting sprinklers on the roofs of homes so that when there is a fire, you turn on a low volume system that just wets the roof?[/QUOTE]

I have a huge water tank about 1000' up the hill, so it would work for me, but if you have a well and no power, no go. Supposedly 99K have no power.
They have 200+ LEO from out of town locking down the evacuated areas and they are dead serious. Looters are out and about and are being arrested. The fire has now approached town from the south and is trying to come over Annadel County park and drop down into Bennett Valley. Again some of the highest price property in the state.
Like most stuff here in the Golden State, the officials have plans to provide free stuff to illegals but apparently no plan to save their city from burning to the ground. The fire people are letting a lot of structures just burn (Like the Fountaingrove Hilton Hotel) and at the same time telling us that flying embers are causing most of the spreading fires. Does that make any sense at all? A subdivision is gone and yet open gas lines are burning unabated at most foundations. I have yet to see more than a half dozen firefighters actually putting out fires. It is all about people standing around acting busy and important while the destroyed neighborhoods still are burning. Our mayor had a press conference and looked like he was going to start sobbing at any moment. They are completely lost in space and haven't a clue. Amateur hour for sure.