Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 AM

I sent my order in Friday the 30th, Next Day Delivery, US Postal Service. The note on their tracking site says "We attempted to deliver your item at 10:26 am on October 01, 2011 in ANNISTON, AL 36201 and a notice was left because the business was closed. You may arrange redelivery by visiting <a href="https://www.usps.com/redelivery/welcome.htm">www.usps.com/redelivery</a> or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I may have shot myself in the foot here! Anyone have any experience like this before?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 AM

i got that too i'm pretture sure they will make the second attempt today. I "scheduled" mine for monday delivery but they tried Saturday anyway.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtop2004 View Post
I sent my order in Friday the 30th, Next Day Delivery, US Postal Service. The note on their tracking site says "We attempted to deliver your item at 10:26 am on October 01, 2011 in ANNISTON, AL 36201 and a notice was left because the business was closed. You may arrange redelivery by visiting <a href="https://www.usps.com/redelivery/welcome.htm">www.usps.com/redelivery</a> or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I may have shot myself in the foot here! Anyone have any experience like this before?
This almost happened to me, but the Postal worker asked, do you want it hand-signed, or just left there - I figured just left there was the better option. Dang, hope it works out for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 AM

I called usps they said it will go out on second attempt today. and that if its "guaranteed" to be there by 12 or 3 depending on your zone it will be there by 12 or 3 depending on your zone.

the USPS call center person agreed that the best course of action was to, relax, take the day off and drink ALOT of scotch . Preferably single malt but Johnny Black Label or better will do in a pitch.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone View Post
Has anyone received any calls or emails yet on status of there order ?
Nope, we are all on pins and needles.

My club affliation expired not to long ago, since I knew I would be submitting an order for the 1903 I just waited and included that in the envelope as well. I keep checking the estore to see if it takes away the expired message, if it goes away then I know at least my order has been opened.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Nope, we are all on pins and needles.

My club affliation expired not to long ago, since I knew I would be submitting an order for the 1903 I just waited and included that in the envelope as well. I keep checking the estore to see if it takes away the expired message, if it goes away then I know at least my order has been opened.
My club status was expired too, and I sent in a copy of my online renewal with my old card. My status on the eStore shows expired too. I've been doing the same thing to see if my expired status goes away. Glad I'm not the only one watching it that way.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:02 AM

Got my DBU email today.
I ordered a Smith Corona A3.
I may have gotten lucky.
Mike
Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 PM

Things are moving fast!
DBU email on 10-13.
Estore and CC hit today.
Smith Corona.
Mike
Old 10-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Ordered a Service Grade M1917, an H&R M12, and a Remington M513T. Figured I'd be SOL on the M1917 and M513T because those things are going quick it seems.

10/26 - Got my DBU
10/29 - Order opened in E-Store and charge hit my CC

I haven't got any "we regret" emails yet, so I'm still hopeful that I get my full order filled.

CMP = awesome.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:38 AM

Exclamation

Melissa at CMP offered to add a low number SA 1903 to my order so it looks like I'm getting a low number SA 1903 and a high number 1903 receiver. That should make building a shooter SA 1903 a snap using parts from the low number and a few I have around (like a B&S bolt body in case I get one with a single heat treat bolt body).

She has been great to work with and has helped me get what I need for this. What a great staff CMP has. It never ceases to amaze me how well they treat their customers.

Larry