Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM

Default GRRC Military Rifle Match Format for Next Year

Hey Guys,

Looks like I got another four dates for CMP Military matches next year. They are not on the same dates as last year but pretty close. Here they are:
April 20th
May 11th
June 15th
July 6th

I think we can all agree that running two matches and a vintage sniper match in one day is a little much. For next year I would like to cut it down to just two matches a day. So that could be either two military matches or one military match and a vintage sniper each day. Or on two of the days we could run two military matches and on two of the days have one of each. What do you guys think?

Any and all input is welcome.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM

I would like the one of each match format. Perhaps an informal practice stage after the 2 if time, weather and interest permits where shooters could have a 10 minute stage of spotted shots up to 15 rounds to work on weaknesses exposed during the match?

Maybe have one match date with 2 AI matches and one with 2 (3?) sniper matches? They do go pretty fast. Only problem might be getting enough snipers for a sniper only day.

strictly FWIW, you're the boss
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM

Can't wait. I had a blast at the CMP clinic this year but do to work was unable to make the other matches, hopefully this year I can make them all. Will be fun shooting the 6mil

Feedback link
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131438
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM

I hope you can draw more teams for the sniper match. If not, I can see maybe only having one vintage sniper match on two of the four dates. It was great to see the large turnout for the vintage service rifle matches, this year. Hopefully, we can "convert" some more of them to snipers, as well.

Last edited by Joop; 12-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Tom, on the 2013 MN Highpower schedule the May & July dates are different than were posted above.

April 20th
May 4th
June 15th
July 20th

http://www.mrra.org/hipower.htm
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post
Tom, on the 2013 MN Highpower schedule the May & July dates are different than were posted above.

April 20th
May 4th
June 15th
July 20th

http://www.mrra.org/hipower.htm
Thanks for the heads up on the date conflict. The MRRA dates where based on a first pass of the schedule and the dates I originally quoted are correct. If they change I will post it for sure. After talking it over with Kurt (Highpower Chair) we are thinking the best would be the following:
April 20th - Two Military Rifle Matches
May 11th - One Military Rifle and One Sniper Match
June 15th - Two Military Rifle Matches
July 6th - One Military Rifle and One Sniper Match
By the way one of our participants, Kurt Moline, finished second in the Garand match at Camp Perry, Ohio last year. He is a Minnesota Service Rifle Team Member and will probably be at the GRRC matches in 2013. He is a great guy and is always willing to lend a hand and a great source for advice.

Stay tuned for further information!

Tom
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM

Tom, I like the proposed formats. I am really looking forward to these matches and I just picked up a 1903A4 for the sniper matches.
How does it work when there are 2 Rifle matches and you shoot a M1 in the first match and a 1903A3 in the second match. Does CMP still consider the second match to be a re-entry match?
I got the Bronse and Silver Garand badges at GRRC shoots last year - need that Gold one!

Dave

Last edited by dronning; 12-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 AM

Dave,

I submit each match to the CMP as a stand alone match and NOT a re-entry match. At least that is what I intended to do and will do that again for 2013. Funny how hard we will work for a little piece of metal isn't it? I lost count of how many matches I shot before I got the gold.

I'm really looking forward to 2013!

Tom
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 AM

The dates and formats don't look bad at all--but there aren't any for Aug-Sep-Oct!.

Probably won't participate in the sniper matches, but will do my best to show up for the other ones. My very first matches were last year (and you guys did a good job putting them on), so hopefully my scores will be improving this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
The dates and formats don't look bad at all--but there aren't any for Aug-Sep-Oct!. ....

Duce,

I know what you mean but August is a little busy with the Nationals at Camp Perry. Sept is out because other clubs in MN wanted to try this style of match so we didn't want to step on them. October is possible but by that time of the year I'm usually ready to give it a break for a while.

Later,

Tom