Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
Duce,

I know what you mean but August is a little busy with the Nationals at Camp Perry. Sept is out because other clubs in MN wanted to try this style of match so we didn't want to step on them. October is possible but by that time of the year I'm usually ready to give it a break for a while.

Later,

Tom
Hopefully those other clubs will post their matches here as well. Don't think I'll be making Perry this year yet (antelope instead) so I need all the local events I can get.

Also, if anybody in the W/N metro wants to get in some march practice in this format, drop me a post, I'd love to spend a range day either with cf rifles or rimfire/airgun. I've got a big stack of 100yd reduced SR1s now and a new jacket to warm up. I can shoot 100 yards at my local club and bring 2 guests. If anybody is lurking out there and doesn't know if they want to commit to a formal match, I've got a couple of loaner as issued bolt guns and ammo to shoot in a match or for practice. Let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Looking forward to shooting all of these and apparently I'm losing to some pretty good riflemen.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM

MRRA has an additional match posted for July 20th, CMP games, GRRC. Is this accurate?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
MRRA has an additional match posted for July 20th, CMP games, GRRC. Is this accurate?
Unfortunately no it is not accurate. We had to shuffle some dates around to accomodate everyone. The dates listed in the thread are accurate.

Later,

Tom
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM

Didn't make it to the Military CMP shoot at the GRRC range in 2012 but was there in 2011 for the 1st time. Had lots of fun with the M1 and was treated nice even though I'm considered a "cheese head". LOL. I live in Western Wisconsin.

Would like to make the CMP shoots this yr. I have two questions:

Can I use my M-14 (m1A) instead of the M1 garand?
Do I have to fill out any CMP paperwork prior to showing up?

I shoot the John Garand shoots at Eau Claire and also compete in the
CMP & NRA games at Camp Perry with the Garand, .O3 Springfield. M1 carbine and M-14.

Thanks in advance...

Dan
"Siefly"
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Dan,

You are good to go both with the paperwork and the M1A. I might even bring one of my M1A/M14's this year. See you there!

Tom
Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks Tom! If I bring a friend or two do they need to fill out a liability and affidavit form prior to showing up? They have never shot there before.
We will make it there for sure...

Dan
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM

Dan,

That's awesome! The more the merrier. It would probably be a good idea to have it signed and notarized prior. I can't guarantee that there will be a notary there to sign them.

Later,

Tom
Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Thanks---see you soon.

Dan
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM

Hey guys,

Just an FYI about the matches coming up on Saturday (06-15-2013), we will be having an informal 600 yard practice after the matches. Basically I need to sight in a rifle and test a load so if anyone else wants to hang around after the match and shoot 600 with me you would be more than welcome. There is no charge for this but we will split up into two relays and pull targets for each other.

See you there!

Tom
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM

One more thing guys,

Let’s try to get to the range by 8:30 so that the match can begin right at 9:00am. Last time we were about 45 minutes late in starting. We will be squadding on the line so you can move your gear right to the line after you pick up your score cards. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Later,

Tom