Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2018, 05:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that Bailey.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:29 PM

Our TMP experience on Wednesday 05/16/18 was fantastic. Surreal because we were the only ones there most of the time. Got there just after noon and shut the range down at 1800. Spent most of the time on the 100 "qualifying "30.06 and shooting .22. The Garand would not settle down and one of the ROs came over and took a look, shot it said he didn't know what was wrong and suggested sending it in to the custom shop. Unpredictable vertical stringing with known good ammo was the norm so after 75 rounds I gave up on it and shot the A3 & A4 which were fine. My crew went through 400 rounds of .22 then wanted to shoot on the pistol range so we headed over there. The plate rack on the steel range was the only one .22s would knock down as all the other targets were too heavy. Two trips back to the store for more ammo were required to finish up at the pistol range. I was happy to do it even though I have a ton of ammo at home. The unpredictable enthusiasm was a a great surprise. Down side of all this is we got to the 200/300/600 at 1725. I set up the A3 and shot 10/10 in the black of each of the different ranges. Had to stop twice to clean my glasses and was feeling very rushed because the range closes at 1800. In all a great experience. The ladies at the front desk were great. The ROs were helpful when they needed to be and the weather held for us the entire afternoon. My family and I most heartily recommend TMP and will definitely keep it in our plans for the future.

Last edited by Carriec; 06-02-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:39 PM

glad you had a good experience. I've been there, but unfortunately did not have time to shoot that day. one thing that I like very much, is that for every rifle you purchase from the CMP, you get a free pass to the range. I thought that was pretty cool. I was very impressed from what I saw.