X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchome25
    • Jan 2015

Unmarked "USGI" parts

I see a lot of places selling unmarked parts (extractors, firing pins, etc) that they're claiming to be USGI unmarked...is the any way to tell if they're legitimately USGI parts and not commercial?
  • meplat
    • Jan 2010

Comparison to the original specs, both dimensionally and metallurgically, is the only way to "really know".

Comment

• 6 Ring
      • Apr 2010

Un-marked US GI carbine parts are not seen often and usually early. SG sears is an exception I can think of right now. To me, an un-marked carbine part would be a post war part or a new commercial part until I could verify the part.

Comment

• mchome25
        • Jan 2015

The post war USGI parts are the ones I'm seeing sold a lot...it doesn't bother me as I'm just looking at picking up some spare pieces but I'd like then to be at least quality GI parts!

Comment

• BobJ50
          • Aug 2018

You want to be careful who you buy your "Jenuwine GI Parts!" from. They may be from India, Pakistan or Taiwan. The only thing GI from those countries is Gastro-Intestinal problems.
          There were legitimate overseas contractors and those are well known, parts often appear for sale in this Forum. Breda and Beretta come to mind.

Comment

• RDS
            • Jan 2018

Rumor has it some GI M2 unmarked cast trigger housing were made by a manufacturer on Long Island NY during the Vietnam War. I remember handling some back in the late 1980s and quality was good. Anybody have any info on them?

Comment

Working...
            X