Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 AM
dohcsvt dohcsvt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 130
Default pLEASE GIVE INPUT ON THIS POSSIBLE PURCHASE M41B SNIPER

As noted, I would like to gather information from persons more familiar with this rifle than myself. I am unsure if this is a repro or an original, and even if it is an original the price seems steep, but I have been looking for a little while and have only come across 1 or 2 of these, and they were not in thuis condition. I have a great amount of heartache spending that much money, but they aren't making anymore of them, and mostly I do not want to get taken. Thanks for any help.

http://shop.pre98.com/RARE-SWEDISH-M...m?categoryId=1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2015, 01:49 AM
Smal Smal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cocoa,Florida
Posts: 1,063
Default

Mee thinks after looking at his inventory of rifles and Handguns while he has a lot of nice examples he sure does think a lot of them,he is a bit high priced.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2015, 11:27 AM
mauserdad mauserdad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Florida
Posts: 76
Default

I have one in my collection that is in excellent condition. I bought it directly from Samco the importer when they first came in to the US. I hand picked it at their warehouse. It came with the original scope can. All parts on the rifle it self are matching numbers and those numbers are the last three numbers of the scope assembly serial number. What I can see from your pictures mine matches yours. Last year I posted mine on other web sites to have it evaluated for insurance and possible sale price. The consensus was $2700. I hope this helps. Ed

Last edited by mauserdad; 07-28-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM
dohcsvt dohcsvt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 130
Default

Thanks for you help. I had not realized that they had climbed this high in price. I guess it might be a little expensive, but not as much as I had thought. Still on the fence, they are just so hard to come by, that when one comes up in this condition, I m unsure how long it will be until another comes available.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 3,657
Default

Samco imported them, in the mid 90s if I recall. Were around $1200-$1400 while they had a good supply, so today the market sets the price. Anyone remember how many they had?
Look at Samco for their price if what they have remaining......
Pics of the one here look good, i don't see many for sale so that price may be it for you this month.
Jh
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2015, 02:11 PM
T38Carbine T38Carbine is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 4,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohcsvt View Post
As noted, I would like to gather information from persons more familiar with this rifle than myself. I am unsure if this is a repro or an original, and even if it is an original the price seems steep, but I have been looking for a little while and have only come across 1 or 2 of these, and they were not in thuis condition. I have a great amount of heartache spending that much money, but they aren't making anymore of them, and mostly I do not want to get taken. Thanks for any help.

http://shop.pre98.com/RARE-SWEDISH-M...m?categoryId=1
Samco still has them minus the scope...special select for $695!

https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-swed-M41B.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2015, 03:21 PM
mauserdad mauserdad is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Florida
Posts: 76
Default

I was able to buy one of the first ones out of the crates. I was a steady customer of Samco being I lived in Miami at that time so they let me hand pick mine. Bought it in May of 1996 for $958. That price only lasted for a few weeks. Like Zvenoman said it jumped up to $1200. I have yet to shoot it.

Last edited by mauserdad; 07-28-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM
jimco jimco is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Va
Posts: 44
Default

There are many Swede experts on gunboards.com under the Swedish Military firearms section. Hopefully someone there can answer your question. The seller's "groups" were not impressive for a Swede sniper. Many open sight shooters do better than that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-28-2015, 04:33 PM
dohcsvt dohcsvt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 130
Default

Thanks for all of the feed back. It is a large purchase and I just want to be informed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimco View Post
There are many Swede experts on gunboards.com under the Swedish Military firearms section. Hopefully someone there can answer your question. The seller's "groups" were not impressive for a Swede sniper. Many open sight shooters do better than that.
Really? I had no idea that they were that accurate. My 96 and 38 are about 1 to 2 MOA's, so I assumed 0.5 MOA was pretty awesome...especially compared to my M1D and Mosin PU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauserdad View Post
I have one in my collection that is in excellent condition. I bought it directly from Samco the importer when they first came in to the US. I hand picked it at their warehouse. It came with the original scope can. All parts on the rifle it self are matching numbers and those numbers are the last three numbers of the scope assembly serial number. What I can see from your pictures mine matches yours. Last year I posted mine on other web sites to have it evaluated for insurance and possible sale price. The consensus was $2700. I hope this helps. Ed
Any chance that you are still interested in selling? You can send me a PM if you are. Thanks for your help on this topic.

Ottis
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-28-2015, 04:34 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 3,657
Default

If the rifle and shooter are tuned, these are easily dominant rifles in VSF matches.
When I got into milsurps, Swedes were an early obsession. A few times I considered heading down to handpick one but never could justify, at the time, the money. Wish I did, of course......
I have not looked at the selling prices lately, and it has been years since I have seen a complete one for sale. This may be in the range......
Jh
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.