Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Default Looking for EIC / Leg Matches

this thing:

http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/match...ation=EICRIFLE

doesn't help lol. It doesn't have Dec 19 for Port Malabar range listed (Florida) so I'm wondering what else is missing.

Any tips on finding EIC / Leg matches?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM

I went here http://pmrpc.com/hp.php on the club website. I downloaded a copy of the XC program. The club does not list a match on any date for the month you are asking about in 2010, yet the club calendar http://pmrpc.com/ec.php does list a match. If the club isn’t sure, how can the CMP be sure, I wouldn’t know which is correct if I were snow birding in Florida. I would have to call the club to confirm that I should bring my rifle or not while on winter break.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 PM

Both the CMP and NRA have to depend on whoever is running the match to send in the proper paperwork so they can show it on their schedules; the CMP on their's and the NRA in the Shooting Sports magazine. They do have deadlines for when matches should be reported to them, but sometimes things get in the way or a club may wait until the last minute to decide to have a CMP match.

I'm in one of those situations right now. I know I have the TSRA State Indoor match scheduled for next year, but the TSRA is sitting on the paperwork that needs to go to the NRA because of a technical issue. Once that gets resolved, they will send it in but that may not happen until about two months before the match. All I can do is let people on my email list here know that the match is scheduled by emailing them with the match program.

This may not help in your situation but I wanted you to know that sometimes matches do not show up as they should for a variety of reasons and sometimes the only course of action is to contact the club directly to find out if a match is scheduled or not.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 PM

Yeah I know. My issue is that the ONLY range I know of that has EIC matches is Port Malabar.

I was hoping to find another full range hosting one before December.

FYI …… Miami is not ideal for being a high-power shooter lol