Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM

the rules are a bit much for me- they allow extensive internal mods but require the external gun to look like the original GI gun with a few exceptions. In my opinion the RIGHT way to do a leg match is for the military to supply a rack of gi issue m9's like they do for safs, give you 5 rounds for sighters at each distance fired using gi ball, then you shoot. every one the same no equipment race. This was one of the things I liked about shooting the military matches when I was still in service- a gi issue gun had to be used with no mods.
The rules are a bit hard to accept some times as logic doesn't always prevail. the m4 carbine type guns are not legal for serivce rifle even though 90+% of all deployed military fighting is issued the m4.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippysrifle View Post
There is a line that says the firearm must look like the military issue. Uncle Sam never issued a pistol with a beavertail, commander hammer, speed loading chute, etc.

Did they issue any 92fs or M9 with a over sized SS barrel and big blade front sight and a rear adj sight that extends past the back of the slide?

I was at the pistol match Sunday to get a clue as what I may want to shoot.
What I found for the military issued guns, I have never seen.......
The slides on the m9's were over sized, the sights on a lot of the guns were nothing the military would never issue.

I need to read up on the rules, I'm new at this.
One guy was shooting Win White box ball ammo. He said he thought you had to use full house military ball. The guy next to him had hand loaded light loads. Lot easier to shoot all day long....

I was thinking I would see a lot of stock 92's, m9's and 1911 colts....
Old 05-21-2011, 12:20 PM

stock guns are not going to be competitive with the accuracy requirements for 50 yard slow fire. I shot a bullseye match some years ago at the National Guard shooting championships where everyone had to use a rack issue m9 (no mods allowed-could not even use a civilian version had to be GI) the best score turned in was around a 260