Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2015, 12:33 PM

Default Competitors needed for rifle practice matches

The CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park will be having two more practice matches open to competitors on our 600 yard range.

On Saturday, December 5th shooters will fire a 800 aggregate, firing will begin at 9am. Please bring at least 90-100 rounds of ammo. On Sunday December 6th, we will hold a team match, firing will begin at Noon. We anticipate running a 500 aggregate, please bring around 50 rounds of ammo. Volunteers for both of these test events will be given free range entry, but will have to provide their own ammunition. If time permits we will continue shooting, so you may want to bring additional ammo.

On Sunday we would like to run the the system thru team shooting and pair firing. You do not need a team member to fire in this match. Individuals are welcome.

Competitors interested in helping staff should email Sara Rozanski, Chief Range Officer of Range 1, at srozanski@thecmp.org to register. Limited number of spots are available for the test match, and walk-ins will not be accepted.

All CMP range requirements will still be mandatory. The gates to the park will open at 8am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday, so paperwork can be filled out. Safety briefing will begin at 8:30 am Saturday and 11:30 am Sunday. Firing will begin at 9 am Saturday and Noon on Sunday.

Please email Sara with questions or call 256-474-4408 to speak with someone at the Talladega Marksmanship Park.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 PM

Hey Mod, how about putting a Sticky in the sub with all the contact info available at TMP?

After searching and searching, I finally found Sara's email and the phone number above. It'd be nice if all that info was in a locked Sticky.

I like to leave those at home with secondary contact info of where I'm going to be competing, even though I carry a personal smartphone.

Thanks for reading.