Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2016, 11:23 AM

Default 6 millions serial number Grands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka108 View Post
Looks to me like CMP is marketing it as a Service Grade. I guess any thing collectible about is that the serial number is over 6 million if that means so much to somebody.
Let me say this, go to Gun Shows and see how many 6 million serial number Garands you can find, and if you find one let me know how much they are asking.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siopao46 View Post
Let me say this, go to Gun Shows and see how many 6 million serial number Garands you can find, and if you find one let me know how much they are asking.
And if you find a 6 mill HRA shoot me a PM please.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxlmax View Post
and if you find a 6 mill hra shoot me a pm please.
i rest my case! Government destroyed a lot o 6 million serial number garands because of " first one in last one out" the 6 million garands were stored last so when the government start cutting up garands the 6 millions were destroyed first.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Just to give an answer to your question, I found a correct 6.08 mil at a gun show in August. It was the first 6 mil serial number I had ever seen in person. The seller was asking $1,500. I was very happy that he accepted my $1,300 cash offer.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:24 PM

Makes all those nice SA 6 mils that Orest & the CMP sold us regular mail order for $675 ea. a mighty fine deal. Was back around 2012, irrc, and I think about a thousand were released in that sale event. Limit was 2.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 02-12-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka108 View Post
Looks to me like CMP is marketing it as a Service Grade. I guess any thing collectible about is that the serial number is over 6 million if that means so much to somebody.
Yes, it meant a lot to me because i have been going around to so many Gun Shows and Gun Stores lately and I can not find 6Million serial number M1 in any condition.Remember 6Millions serial numbers never did went over seas and came back imported by some gun dealers. 6Millions went in to storage last and when "OUR GOVERNMENT" destroyed this beautiful rifles it was the 6Millions that went first. I think,and I might be wrong, CMP got the market cornered in the 6Million M1. So, my challenge to you is, count how many 6Millions serial number M1 you can find every time you go to a Gun Show or any Gun Store ,secondly check the closed Auction CMP and count how many 6Million rifle and Receivers were offered . PM and I will give you my E MAIL so you can tell me how many you counted. You be surprise.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:18 PM

I thought that there about 400 back 2012
Old 02-13-2017, 01:52 AM

Default 6Mil m1 grand#

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fan1943 View Post
I thought that there about 400 back 2012
You might be right, but this is just a drop in a basket compared to some other serial numbers. I collect them and I got about 32.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
You might be right, but this is just a drop in a basket compared to some other serial numbers. I collect them and I got about 32.
My collection was way bigger than 32, but I've ever had any trouble finding 6 mils. I. I've gotten them off gun broker. Several show up on the forums for sale every year. CMP sold hundreds of them in 2014 for only $650 each. They aren't that hard to find. Gun shows is not the place to be looking
Old 02-13-2017, 12:39 PM

OH! I agree, those were the days. Just like the days when you can walk in to CMP Store North or South and be dazzled with all sorts of M1s wall to wall and you can get a service grade for much less than $650.00. Remember those days? Now ,walk into either store and all you see is not even 10th of the old store.If your collection is larger than 32 "6MILLIONS SERIAL NUMBER M1" congrats, I am getting there. You and I should hang on to them because they will only go up in value,.My M1 collections is close to 100 and I am not stoping any time soon.By the way if you want to sell one of your 6MILLIONs let me know, I am looking for H&R and the prefixed "X" 6MILLION.