Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 PM
bkavanaugh bkavanaugh is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 963
Send a message via ICQ to bkavanaugh
Default What Happened to M1 Carbines?

Haven't seen an M1 Carbine put up for auction in some time. Are they all gone?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 PM
GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 1,100
Default

I was wondering the same. Even though I'm not usually a bidder, I miss them...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:23 PM
T38Carbine T38Carbine is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 4,431
Default

Seems like all the auction items have been sparse lately!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Kansasbobcat Kansasbobcat is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 465
Default M1 carbines

A comment...it always amazes me how vast numbers of weapons seem to almost disappear into our great nation. Whenever someone states there are "X" numbers of guns in the US, I always doubt it. I have lived long enough to see millions of Lee Enfields, East Bolc weapons, Chinese SKS's and others appear, be common and cheap at gun shows and seem to disappear. I have to think that some of us have more than one gun.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:30 PM
gunny gunny is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Bama
Posts: 6,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasbobcat View Post
A comment...it always amazes me how vast numbers of weapons seem to almost disappear into our great nation. Whenever someone states there are "X" numbers of guns in the US, I always doubt it. I have lived long enough to see millions of Lee Enfields, East Bolc weapons, Chinese SKS's and others appear, be common and cheap at gun shows and seem to disappear. I have to think that some of us have more than one gun.
__________________
Semper Fi,
Gunny
RVN '66 - '68 1st Tank Bn
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Antiqucycle Antiqucycle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 78
Default

I wonder where all the Mak 90's are squirreled away. You don't see them on show tables. The ones that sold for $199.
and the crates of 1440 rounds that sold as low as $77 in the early 90's.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2017, 09:14 AM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiqucycle View Post
I wonder where all the Mak 90's are squirreled away. You don't see them on show tables. The ones that sold for $199.
and the crates of 1440 rounds that sold as low as $77 in the early 90's.
I bought a make 90 in 92 for 139$ and you got a free crate with purchse. Also picked up a Russian sks for 89$ the same week and for 20$ more they tossed in the crate of ammo. We then bought 5 crates IIRC they where on sale for 45$ each.
I will say that ammo kinda sucked and was corrosive for sure. But at 19 years old who cared it was cheap.

I'm sure CMP had plenty of auction items left to last several years.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Nodak71 Nodak71 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,059
Default

Am sure the CMP has lots of stuff left to auction, I donated 2 rifles in Dec 2015 and neither has come up yet.
__________________
NRA Life Member
GCA
CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2017, 10:16 AM
GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I bought a make 90 in 92 for 139$ and you got a free crate with purchse. Also picked up a Russian sks for 89$ the same week and for 20$ more they tossed in the crate of ammo. We then bought 5 crates IIRC they where on sale for 45$ each.
I will say that ammo kinda sucked and was corrosive for sure. But at 19 years old who cared it was cheap.

I'm sure CMP had plenty of auction items left to last several years.
Brings back some memories, I recall the same thing.. Crates of mint condition Tula arsenal SKS's for about $100, I should have bought heavily. I was just concerned with shooting cheap ammo then, not collecting

IIRC, the first carbine I bought back in the late 90's, as a shooter, was $300 out the door. A wonderful example of a DCM carbine. Had lots of fun shooting it but never thought about collecting them... Parts were plentiful and inexpensive at all the gun shows. I can't believe how it has dried up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:41 AM
T38Carbine T38Carbine is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 4,431
Default

It seems there were some reports from store sales that had tags marked "auction". Does this mean they have plenty or just getting rid of what's left?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.