Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm View Post
There are currently 118,000 people waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant.
https://www.unos.org/
I am fortunate that I received a lifesaving transplant.
Everyday 13 people die while waiting for a Kidney Transplant.
https://www.kidney.org/news/newsroom...antation-Stats

Your comments show that you are extremely selfish. You need to reevaluate your priorities in life.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:31 AM

How original does that rifle appear to be? I can see that some smaller pieces like the sights aren't original, but I don't have a book handy to look up all the major parts that were listed.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

I would guess that only the receiver and probably the barrel are original. The op rod looks to be the correct one, but I doubt it is original.

There are some other WRA parts, but they look like later usage than this very early WRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlucas0311 View Post
How original does that rifle appear to be? I can see that some smaller pieces like the sights aren't original, but I don't have a book handy to look up all the major parts that were listed.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 PM

weak sauce restoration attempt. in addition to already mentioned, incorrect parts include front and rear sights, rear handguard, follower, follower rod and arm, op rod catch and bullet guide. and probably the firing pin.

not worth a kidney, barely worth a clipped toe nail.

ID is not my rifle's s/n
Old 03-02-2017, 04:29 PM

LOL! I suspect that with 8 days left, someone will have to pony up about $12-15K (maybe more) for this one whether original or not. Seems to have quite a collection of early parts. No SA or Post war listed. Would be a rare rebuild example if kept that many WRA parts. To have 202 would be a treat for folks with deep pockets. Most of you guys have organs that are so old you would have to add cash to the trade!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM

Receiver itself is worth a lot, how much will depend on those bidding and willing to try a restoration on it.

A gas trap is easier to restore than an educational Winchester.

Very nice heel stamping on this one which is hard to find on early Winchester receivers. Good luck to those bidding.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
No problem dudes....
Sell on the cheap a few of all those other rifles ya'll been scarfin' up all these years and you will easily afford to bid to your hearts content on this 202.
And you won't have to offend someone else (albeit unintentionally) with silly comments about donated organs lol. CMP should do well on this one, as they should. I'm glad I'm not a WRA guy! Best luck all....
I may be a WRA guy but not thatt much of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by col b View Post
LOL! I suspect that with 8 days left, someone will have to pony up about $12-15K (maybe more) for this one whether original or not. Seems to have quite a collection of early parts. No SA or Post war listed. Would be a rare rebuild example if kept that many WRA parts. To have 202 would be a treat for folks with deep pockets. Most of you guys have organs that are so old you would have to add cash to the trade!
Hey, I resemble that remark. I bid one clouded eye lens.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:31 AM

The thing about a rifle like that is, a guy will spend that kind of money for it and won't tell his wife because he's afraid she'll jump his butt about spending that kind of money. Then when he kicks the bucket, the wife sells the rifle to the kid down the street for $500 dollars. not knowing it was one of the first 200 Winchesters ever produced!!!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Banned

Default $

As far as the wife (and most folks)is/are concerned, it's just another gun.
And she's correct. Trolls and their treasures lol!
Old 03-09-2017, 06:45 AM

Default Winchester Garand

As much as I love Garands, I just can't get my mind around how it could be worth that kind of money. I have one of the first 200 Winchester 1873s ever produced and it's not worth that much!!!! I'm thinking it's like a train wreck, it doesn't make any sense but you just can't look away. Congrats to the winner, I'll follow it to the end.
Closed Thread