Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:30 PM

There would be far more organs available for transplants if organs were allowed to be sold.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Its fun to see what interests everyone. I mean I'm all about a correct rifle, but, to me, unissued is no fun....I was exceptionally lucky in getting a low 6 digit SA, April 41, I would much rather have a receiver that had been on the beaches of the south pacific, or the forests of the Rhine River valley, maybe the deserts of North Africa, before I owned a one off unissued correct rifle for 8K. I certainly understand the rarity and value associated with that, just not my thing.

Whoever buys it though, sure is getting a gem.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:32 PM

the "first" garand cost about 85,000$ in round numbers.at the height of wartime production they were about 26.00$ with the barrel and stock making up almost half of that price(if you could have been able to buy one)now one thats over 70 years old,made of old school wood and steel,with dings,scratches...in USED condition has sold for 10,000$...what a great country we live in!!
Old 04-01-2017, 02:49 PM

I like your perspective!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM

Canfield's book talks about how Winchester was fulfilling their first block of the contract at the same time as the "educational" rifles, so for example WRA 100,9xx could have been issued BEFORE this rifle. Or something to that effect. I only mention this because when I was at North Store several weeks ago, there was a WRA M1D that was a serial number between 101,xxx and 109,xxx. I can't remember exactly what it was but it was on the lower end of that range. The serial numbering had the same font and the bolt cut on the side of the receiver was squared like this one instead of rounded. I still regret not getting that rifle.

What are the traits of an "educational" WRA other than the serial number?