Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM

Thumbs up

Alan, Nice report as usual.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
i wonder if those silver looking 1917's are shootable?
When I was there on the 7th, they were tagged either "good headspace," "ok headspace," or "no headspace." Probably less than 1/4 of them had "no headspace," although I'm sure that most of the ones that would headspace have been bought up by now.

I shoulda bought one then, but I was on a budget, and had already picked up a FG and a Drill M1917 (for the wood and the WRA parts the FG was missing)...and a Krag, and a couple Garands...just didn't want to wind up sleeping in the doghouse all winter. The chrome guns looked like a lot of them would be great shooters, at least the ones that'd headspace...you just had to get past the flashy chrome plating.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
abeal, were there any Type 2 National Match rifles in the racks?
I think they had some NM rifles but only a few and not sure what type. The best way to know is to call the store since not all may be in the racks.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks!

John
Old 10-30-2011, 04:55 PM

A couple of other items. They do have new Garand and Carbine barrels but are not in the racks so not to get scratched. I think they were out of 1917 barrels. The carbine barrels did not have a gas piston, at least the one in the racks did not.

They had some 52C B/R with barrel extensions. Kind of rough. Other .22 B/R also looked rough. The Anschutz looked the best.

After I went home, I went to Champion Shooters Supply in New Albany, and he only has one Anschutz match .22 in the racks. Rest of the Anschutz rifles were the sporter .22 or .17 cal rifles and maybe a bench rest .22. He has a nice Remington 40X with a laminated match stock, bench rest barrel, bloop tube extension, Jewell trigger, and sights. $3400. Something you would shoot in prone competitions. Also had one of Vince Jiga garands with a Barnett barrel. Vince had built it for competitions. $1400. He had some other older .22 rifles in the racks and one looked like a 52D but I did not get a chance to look at it. Just thought I would pass this information on.

Today I went to the Columbus gunshow, and Pat Jarvis had some carbines including a correct Inland and a correct Winchester. He also had a SA Garand and a Winchester Garand and a Rock Island 1903. Seems to be easy to find carbines, garands, and 1903s at gunshows.