Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Default value of a NIW M14 magazine?

This fell in my lap and wondering what it's worth. Still factory glued shut. I dare not open it. Talk about a tease...

Old 05-19-2012, 07:38 PM

Your got an M1961 M14 magazine pouch used by the Marines too
Old 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Nothing... cheap Chinese knockoff. Please send to me @...... I bought one at a show a few years back for $60 and I thought it was a pretty good deal. That was before the magazine prices started falling. Not sure, but its nice...
Old 05-19-2012, 08:46 PM

It's worth whatever you can get for it. It's a BRW which are pretty common. I paid about 40 bucks a couple months back for a NIW BRW. I've seen them all over the map. From about $40 to about a $100. M14 stuff is pricey no matter how you shake it.

BTW. I'd open it.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM

Nunya could possibly be right. There are/were a lot of Chinese fakes right down to the packaging.

check out the sticky on The Firingl Line website. Posters named Bill Ricca and Different are pretty adept at spotting the fakes.

That said if you're sure of it's source ie dad's footlocker sealed since '70 it's probably A ok.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 PM

I was kidding... but you never know. The chicom 14 mags are pretty much identical to GI's. I would ask Different though... He's da man on all things 14. A few of my magazines ended up in his book.. along with my highest serial fed ord receiver.

http://imageseek.com/m1a/book.html

Last edited by nunya80; 05-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM

$25-35.

You can get USGI current manufacture C.M.I. for about that much. LINKIE

You might find a collector who might pay a bit more for a N.I.W. mag but without knowing the source, that's iffy. There are some VERY good fakers out there. I mean knockoff mags, in repro "factory wrappers"...the full monty. There's not that much of it any more since they became so plentiful from C.M.I. Back during the ban, yeah $50 and up was not uncommon.

The only decent knockoffs were the Korean made ones. Any of the others, and I've seen a lot of them, were flimsy and no where near spec.

Was at an Appleseed clinic a while back and a guy was cussing his rife which was having feeding problems. I asked to see his mag and it was a thin sheet metal flimsy half a$$ed knockoff with a pretty little BRW-S1 stamp on it. Took one of mine, popped it in and ripped off all 20 rounds rapid fire without a hiccup.

All I'm saying is buyer beware. If you trust the source, you may have a very nice USGI magazine still in it's original package that will be good in long term storage for a very long time.

Last edited by JetFuelBurner; 05-24-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling