Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
Rojkoh, answer the question asked on this forum or be ignored. Who are you? No one seems to buy your alleged experiences. After your incorrect comment on the graduation of the national match rear sight, which wasn't even relevant to the discussion, I'm convinced you are no expert on this rifle or any rifle.
USGI NM sights were 1/2 minute adjustments. Only people that currently make a USGI type NM rear sights WITH proper adjustments are Smith and Fulton says theirs are also 1/2. Unless of course you happen on a USGI NM rear sight complete.

Yes we all know the rear apature has 1/2 minute adjustment up and down depending on where you have the notch.

*IF* you have a rear sight with does 1 Minute adjustment, it is NOT true USGI NM specifications.

This is well documented. Don't like what I post, ignore it. Or contact the folks at USMTU. They still have NM 14s (M21's really). They are using the McMillan M3A stock, I talked with them at length at Perry this year when they stopped to play with an SAI in the M3A stock on the bench without a scope. They simply wanted to see access to the NM REAR sights with that stock since theirs are scoped. That SAI was mine and one of the test beds for a project I'm working on.

Believe what you want to, that's certainly your business.

But I do enjoy the "who is this guy".

Last edited by rojkoh; 09-21-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM

Rojkoh, that's as incorrect as everything else you've written on the Internet. The only way to produce a half minute elevation wheel is either change the receiver or add a glue-on disk. I was at Perry this year. I saw the USAMU. Didn't see any M14s. The USMTU? I don't believe that org exists anymore under that name, but I'll look it up on AKO.

Oh, the link I provided from Fulton agrees with me on the whole sight question. It's no more correct than what you post on the hide or M14tfl - except some of that advice was potentially dangerous, not merely incorrect.

I don't recall anyone but Sinclair in the Simclair building, so if you were there, you weren't memorable.... and I was looking for 14 parts.

Last edited by missilegeek; 09-21-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Rojkoh, that's as incorrect as everything else you've written on the Internet. The only way to produce a half minute elevation wheel is either change the receiver or add a glue-on disk. I was at Perry this year. I saw the USAMU. Didn't see any M14s. The USMTU? I don't believe that org exists anymore under that name, but I'll look it up on AKO.

Oh, the link I provided from Fulton agrees with me on the whole sight question. It's no more correct than what you post on the hide or M14tfl - except some of that advice was potentially dangerous, not merely incorrect.

I don't recall anyone but Sinclair in the Simclair building, so if you were there, you weren't memorable.... and I was looking for 14 parts.
USMTU still exists
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojkoh View Post
USMTU still exists
Not by that name, it doesn't. At least not a US Army organization. There are various state Guard "MTUs".

That, and it's not Genesco.

Last edited by missilegeek; 09-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM

With all of this hub bub I have to wonder if 22mike actually read any of the responses.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Not by that name, it doesn't. At least not a US Army organization. There are various state Guard "MTUs".

That, and it's not Genesco.
Well five people walked up to where I was and we were talking about several issues including M14s. They all noted they were working with the USMTU. Not hard to verify this one way or another.

Us "older" folks call them Genesco M1As. A distinction from Devine M1As.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojkoh View Post
Well five people walked up to where I was and we were talking about several issues including M14s. They all noted they were working with the USMTU. Not hard to verify this one way or another.

Us "older" folks call them Genesco M1As. A distinction from Devine M1As.
The town's name is GENESEO. Geez.

I'm done

Last edited by missilegeek; 09-21-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
The town's name is GENESEO. Geez.

I'm done
Thanks for straightening that one out!

Danny