Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2015, 10:28 PM

Good detailed report. I also purchased one of the scopes that came in a plain white box marked "Made In Taiwan". I just now looked up close with the finish and tried to remove any and it seems uniform and hard. The scope was marked W0408.
I also some years ago purchased one of the scopes made in China and it was a piece of junk.
The optics on my scope appear to be bright and clear.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH53Gunner View Post
Good detailed report. I also purchased one of the scopes that came in a plain white box marked "Made In Taiwan". I just now looked up close with the finish and tried to remove any and it seems uniform and hard. The scope was marked W0408.
I also some years ago purchased one of the scopes made in China and it was a piece of junk.
The optics on my scope appear to be bright and clear.
It's paint. Epoxy remover will take it right off, but start with the sunshade just to be sure. Never use mineral spirits or acetone, it wicks into the scope, and it's also messy as hell. The epoxy remover bubbles up the paint while having zero effect on the bluing , and you dry wipe it right off with paper towels. Nothing drips, nothing runs off or into the scope... no muss, no fuss. There is authentic looking black oxide under the paint.

Last edited by TokiWartooth; 01-04-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:29 AM

Thanks for the info and all the work you took putting together the post.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:56 AM

Sounds like someone needs to offer a repro M84 upgrade service. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
Sounds like someone needs to offer a repro M84 upgrade service. Thanks for the info.
Coming soon....
Make no mistake, the parts in this scope are very good. I'm surprised at how well they duplicated everything and didn't leave things out. All the internal assemblies are just as good as the originals.

Last edited by TokiWartooth; 01-05-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:50 AM

Darn you Toki .... I guess I'll pick one up after the excellent review and information you presented. They are $312 and they have 8 left as of now.... there is a 10% off coupon ( catalog ) valid today so the costs is $288 shipping inclusive.

For that money I guess a spare for some purpose is in order. Looking forward to your upgrade service

Mike
Old 01-05-2015, 09:45 PM

Thumbs up

I wondered if those scopes were any good when I 1st saw them on the KS site; thanks for the review! Now, the next question: is this scope correct for cobbling up a 1903A4orgery, an M1-C, or -D?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 PM

I bought one for my shooter m1d and one for an a-4gery. They were used on both of those.

just be careful- no one makes a working reproduction mount for the m1d yet...
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surculus View Post
I wondered if those scopes were any good when I 1st saw them on the KS site; thanks for the review! Now, the next question: is this scope correct for cobbling up a 1903A4orgery, an M1-C, or -D?

Inquiring minds want to know!
M1D.
Please note, I have not fired test this scope yet, but from what I see, they are constructed exactly like their vintage counterparts.
I am trying to get parts for these, but I am hitting a road block. KeepShooting does not have parts, so I have contacted Wayne Machine, who I think is making these, but nothing back from them yet.

For an A4gery, you may want to consider an Lyman Alaskan or Weaver K2.5, although M84s are a bit better as far as useability. I've never had a Weaver 2.5 that I liked. Eye relief stinks, glass is always delaminating or foggy, etc.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:34 PM

Scope arrived today, painted tube. Very nice though and seems much better quality then the other two repro's I've seen.

Originally Posted by MH53Gunner
...The scope was marked W0408.

The one I received today is numbered W0491.

Mike

Last edited by Mike in Wis.; 01-09-2015 at 04:38 PM.