X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sigman2
    • Oct 2009

My 1915 M1911 C18222. She had a few parts (grip safety, hammer, trigger, barrel and bushing) replaced with 1911-A1 parts in 1944 after the Tinian invasion. This pistol saw combat in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. She's been around! And yes, she does have a head count. I have her complete history documented. It was purchased in 1915 by Ben's grandfather. Ben's father carried in in France during WWI, Ben and my dad carried in through the Pacific in WWII, Ben's younger brother carried it in Korea and Ben's nephew carried her in Vietnam. Ben gave her to me along with an original shoulder holster, two spare clips, pouch, 21 rds of 1944 ammo and his K-Bar in 1969.

WWII Colt (1943)

WWII Ithaca (1943)

WWII Remington Rand (1945)

Sistema 27 (purchased from a forum member)

Remington R1 that I recently gave to my son-in-law

Taurus PT1911

Two Argentine Service Ace .22s.

Browning 1911-22 pip squeak

I also have two Ballaster Molina .45s, a Colt 1911-A1 commemorating my father's service in the 4th Marine Division and two S&W M25-2 .45s.

Here's the 1911-A1 commemorating my father. I know, commemorative is misspelled.

A few years ago I gave my son and son-in law each a Springfield Armory 1911.

This photo shows an Argentine Service Ace, a Ballaster Molina and an SA 1911.

A few of John Browning's other pistol designs.

Two "T" series Hi-Powers

There is a Browning Challenger in the above display case.
    Last edited by sigman2; 06-07-2018, 02:36 PM.
    CMP Customer # 131290
    NRA Patron Member
    Garand Collectors Association
    Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
    http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138

Comment

• precision40
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2010

Does anyone remember seeing those USGI .45's in Shotgun News back in the 80's for $250? What we didn't know back then....

Comment

• twkenny
        • Mar 2010

Not exactly GI issue....but I love it for IDPA

Comment

• 340six
          • Apr 2011

There is a story behind mine it was a long road to getting my gun. First off we were not rich but not poor and dad wanted me to learn the value of a $$ for later in life.
          Way back at 15 dad got me with my $$ a Ruger MKI to hold me over while I saved for my Series 70
          After I had the $ Iordered a brand new "70" Colt Gold Cup right after that the shop was closed as the owner had his appendix burst.
          He did make it and then closed down so it was take what he had in stock for my $ and he had no 1911.
          So I grabbed a S&W Model 19 in Nickel 6" and some ammo
          Started saving again and shot bi weekly with both the 22 and 357 reloads
          When I had almost had the $$ again. I sold the MK1 to dad since I was a little short and I ran across a 70 Ace new in box at a great price so grabbed it up.
          Being a young kid working a job and going to school with a few nice guns being trusted at the range was great> plus shooting few times a week having a few 22's made that happen.
          Later did get a chrome lined barrel and New Colt slide new in wrap in 45acp
          So as lots of guys have a 45 with 22lr conversion I am backwards and have the 22-45 lol
          here is my gun from age 17.
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...nderTag004.jpg
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...erTag004-1.jpg
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...nderTag003.jpg
          No bad looking 22... with some custom Monkey Grips with 3 patterns as you go across the grips.
          I no longer have the Kimber mags and got 3 new real mags as my original ones as well as the slide were wet in Katrina and off the gun. As it was in 45acp form at the time and not wet
          Colt was sent the whole top end and they redid it just fine as pictured. Note that the Ace has the same sights and a gold cup did. It shoots cheep 22 federal bulk packs in great groups and shoots better than I can with real target ammo.
          in 45acp form
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...eyGrips003.jpg
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...eyGrips006.jpg

And with the same grips that came on it day one in 45acp form it is a great shooter

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...Ace/ace003.jpg
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...Ace/ace004.jpg
          Be hard to find a nicer 22 and I can always put it back they way it was I have the parts but shoots so nice as posted above
          Year later I got an almost mint shot very little used was maybe 6 months old as they came out in 82 with the Ruger MK2 lol it is a sickness
          Last edited by 340six; 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• 340six
            • Apr 2011

How about a mini 45? A Colt Mustang?
            http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...Mustang001.jpg

Comment

• edlmann
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by precision40 View Post
              Does anyone remember seeing those USGI .45's in Shotgun News back in the 80's for $250? What we didn't know back then....
              The ones reworked to 7.62x25 by the Chicoms?
              A few variations on the black-cat-in-a-dark-room analogy:
              1. Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
              2. Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
              3. Under Marxism, it's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there, and the State announces, "We found it!"

Comment

• Det. Jason 714
                • Oct 2009

Here is my Ithica/Colt National match. Shoots much better than it looks.

"Let Freedom PING!"

Comment

• Quicksilver
                  • Nov 2010

Here's my Remington Rand.

QS
                  "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."

Comment

• MH53Gunner
                    • Oct 2009

Here are a couple.

Comment

• CollectorChris
                      • Jan 2010

I have Colt .45 envy! Some very nice firearms gentleman.
                      CollectorChris

~ It doesn’t take a great scarlet sin to lead you to the pit of destruction. Merely stand and do nothing and you will find yourself there at last. -J.C. Ryle

Comment

• Orlando
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by sigman2 View Post
                        My 1915 M1911 C18222. She had a few parts (grip safety, hammer, trigger, barrel and bushing) replaced with 1911-A1 parts in 1944 after the Tinian invasion. This pistol saw combat in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. She's been around! And yes, she does have a head count. I have her complete history documented. It was purchased in 1915 by Ben's grandfather. Ben's father carried in in France during WWI, Ben and my dad carried in through the Pacific in WWII, Ben's younger brother carried it in Korea and Ben's nephew carried her in Vietnam. Ben gave her to me along with an original shoulder holster, two spare clips, pouch, 21 rds of 1944 ammo and his K-Bar in 1969.

This is the man who gave C18222 to me. My dad and Ben Di Clemente lower left photo. Ben was my dad's platoon and foxhole buddy throughout their service in the 4th Division. My dad often carried the pistol which he credits for saving his life on several occasions.

Great story, Thanks for sharing!!
                        "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Comment

• flatheadsal
                          • Mar 2011

heres mine an Army armory worked 1911 from the 60's, I switched out the NM stuff and adjustable sights to make it more carry friendly

Comment

• Flipseat
                            • Oct 2009

Carved ivory CBI grips believed to be WWII era... 1917 Colt with a later slide. Its an Ogden rebuild. The other is an ATI Commander model. They both shoot great. Originally bought the ATI for carry purposes... but may go with a compact 1911 after all.

Comment

• jmm
                              • Sep 2010

[QUOTE=sigman2;371961]My 1915 M1911 C18222. She had a few parts (grip safety, hammer, trigger, barrel and bushing) replaced with 1911-A1 parts in 1944 after the Tinian invasion. This pistol saw combat in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. She's been around! And yes, she does have a head count. I have her complete history documented. It was purchased in 1915 by Ben's grandfather. Ben's father carried in in France during WWI, Ben and my dad carried in through the Pacific in WWII, Ben's younger brother carried it in Korea and Ben's nephew carried her in Vietnam. Ben gave her to me along with an original shoulder holster, two spare clips, pouch, 21 rds of 1944 ammo and his K-Bar in 1969.

Sigman2, I'll give you a close run for the money. Early 1918 produced Gov. Model carried in France by my Great-uncle Arthur, along with his original holster.
                              Carried by Dad during Korea when called back up and guarded Philadelphia Navy Yard and going to college. (He was in Navy basic training at end of WW2.) He then went Army, and the gun was re-blued by a friendly armorer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds after he graduated college. I put a new rear sight on it in 1980's (still have original) and barrel bushing was replaced with Colt Series ?? collet type. The mag is original also. No scalps for this baby though.
                              Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are God given rights, not government granted rights.

Comment

• fafenman
                                • Oct 2009

Only one I have is a matching Argentine Colt.

Comment

Working...
                                X