Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
And I am sure there is someone out there who wants this.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ad...p?itemID=23511
Darn right i want that rifle,, but cant afford it, would have to take out a home equity loan for that bad boy, man's gotta know his limits
Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
And I am sure there is someone out there who wants this.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ad...p?itemID=23511
deputy isn't the only one who will want that!

Reading the letter from Billy Pyle, he states that the cartouche has likely been restruck . I guess that's OK if it's been a while since the cartouche was "renewed"?

Hmmm, I might save a copy of that ad for the next long thread about non-original cartouche stamps, renewing, stamping on new stocks, etc.

"Life is Good!"
Old 08-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Why is it that when somone pays more than another person considers an item worth, they resort to names, or expressions like moron, or "one born every minute", or " a fool and his money". If I want something bad enough, I will pay what it takes. When I was in the "make it correct" stage of this affliction, I paid more than $500 for NOS Winchester straight cut Op Rod, and $700 for a ME-0, TE-0, Winchester barrel. I wanted them, I could afford them, and I bought them. When I sold that Win-13, sold long ago, I didn't lose a dime on it.

I just believe that what someone buys and is willing to pay for it, is their business. If both the buyer and seller are happy, why resort to the nonsense of name calling.

Dave
I agree. Not in my league. Glad to see someone make some good $$ on something that will make them happy.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 PM

WAY not in my league... need I mention that they aren't making (real) 1940 barrels anymore and there are a number of guys out there who'd take great pride in shooting their '40 out. Likewise, start shooting any pristine (real old) gun and you're eliminating yourself from the pristine antique lotto (and/or your heirs).