Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2019, 01:23 PM

Default Clawson books

I bought the Clawson collector guide book from Scott Duff years ago for $35.00 IIRC. I have been looking for the "big book" for years but never found one under 500 bucks and kinda gave up for the past few years as I ended up selling my last USGI 1911 anyway. Well, last weekend I picked up a rebuild and dug out my collectors guide to look at some info. That got me to thinking about the big book again. I looked around online and was absolutely shocked at the asking prices for the few that are out there. Well today I hit the local gunshow and good fortune followed me in. On the 2nd table from the door is an assortment of stuff including some books. One of those books was the Clawson big book. He also had a few copies of the Madis Winchester book. He began to explain how rare the Clawson book is and I figured he was going to give me an internet price. When he said $300 I knew today was the day. My 15 year search came to an end. Bought both the Clawson book and the Winchester book for $310. Didn't find the U.S.&S. slide I need but I'm delighted to add a long sought after reference book to the collection!
Old 10-19-2019, 08:09 PM

That is an awesome price for the Clawson book. You should have purchased a lottery ticket on the way home.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
That is an awesome price for the Clawson book. You should have purchased a lottery ticket on the way home.
Actually, I did. This past week I also won a RIA 1911 in 9mm and a Microtech Ultratech knife!
Old 10-21-2019, 12:45 PM

what are the physical dimensions of the big book? I saw one at a gun show and didn't know which one it was.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dans65 View Post
what are the physical dimensions of the big book? I saw one at a gun show and didn't know which one it was.
Big book is 11.25" x 9.00" x 1.25".

Little book (collector's guide) is 9.25" x 6.25" x 0.50".
Old 10-21-2019, 05:56 PM

Thanks! it was the little book at the show and they wanted $250. didn't get it as I wasn't sure.