Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2018, 03:24 PM

Default Rifles for Mail In Orders

Just curious are mail in orders filled from guns in the store rack or are they pulled from rifles going thru the insp/rebuild shop?
Old 10-29-2018, 04:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

I think it depends, but I believe for the most part if listed available on the rifle sales page they will come from the shop. I recently noticed that after the Field Grade .308 Specials were posted as sold out some people were receiving rifles from the North Store since they had an abundance of them.
I assume if needed they will get rifles from either source if needed to fulfill orders.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:14 PM

Thanks,

I was under the impression that store racks were for "inperson" sales and the rest came from the referb line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I think it depends, but I believe for the most part if listed available on the rifle sales page they will come from the shop. I recently noticed that after the Field Grade .308 Specials were posted as sold out some people were receiving rifles from the North Store since they had an abundance of them.
I assume if needed they will get rifles from either source if needed to fulfill orders.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
I was at the North Store on the 11th of October and all the .308 Specials were being taged as “sold”. We were told they were being mailed back to the South Store since they didn’t have any and we just figured they would be mailed out.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

A couple shipped from the North Store....
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy1a View Post
I received my .308 yesterday. Even thought it was ordered thru Anniston, it was shipped from Camp Perry via Fed Ex. The stock was dated 07/24/15 and was very dry but quite serviceable. Lock up was very tight and I used a plastic maul to free it up for disassemble. The cylinder lock screw was hand tight and loose and the gas cylinder slid off slicker than grease. What little pitting was minuscule on the left front receiver corner. Head space was right on. IHC trigger housing was rebuilt with an SA hammer and a HRA safety. Cylinder lock screw was HRA. Bolt and Op rod are both SA. The internal op rod and spring both had minor surface rust from storage but cleaned right up. All in all, a very good buy. After oiling up the wood, I'll be off to the range. (PS) The receiver is a SA, Ser.# 14709xx..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-1 View Post
Sounds just like mine..Got it same day as you..Shipped from Camp Perry also. Very minute spot of pitting at the same location as yours. Almost missed it. Mine is all SA parts. Barrel date of 04/14. Overall very nice, look forward to shooting it. Receiver is SA #4311685. What "oil" are you going to use on the stock?
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=235600
Old 10-31-2018, 11:17 PM

Out of the many rifles I have ordered from the CMP, I have had 2 rifles ship from the North Store. I imagine it has to do with what the CMP has available and what orders are being received. IMHO
Old 11-01-2018, 07:26 AM

I’ve been standing in the SS when a person comes out and selected a rifle for mail order. I’ve seen this more than once.