Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncotton View Post
I've read thru the latest clarification for 1911 purchase and have questions of how CMP wants to receive an FFL signed copy representing the customer.

1) Does the customer need to physically obtain a copy of the receiving FFL to be included within his purchase application package?

2) Does CMP require that the receiving FFL dealer forward (electronically??) as agent for the customer the signed copy of his FFL with customer's name affixed?

3) Will CMP have an online registry of active FFL dealers for the customer to select and assign as the customers transfer agent ?

If you look at #1 bullet from the email blast you will see there will be a dedicated FFL Fax and email for the FFL to send their signed copy with customer name attached...

From Email:
Some preliminary decisions further clarified updated 12/12/2017:
CMP will have an all-new 1911 order form, 1911 purchasing instructions, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated 1911 FFL fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send their FFL with customer's name attached.

Last edited by Strick; 12-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:05 PM

Thanks Strick, I read that also and now concluded that it is the customer's burden to educate and insure that his chosen FFL agent executes in compliance with the CMP procedures in timely manner for the customer.

Seems logical that if after a purchaser is selected by the random name generator and the purchase package and background check pass muster with CMP that they would then instruct the customer to direct their FFL agent to forward to CMP for final transfer/shipping completion etc.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks Strick, I read that also and now concluded that it is the customer's burden to educate and insure that his chosen FFL agent executes in compliance with the CMP procedures in timely manner for the customer.

Seems logical that if after a purchaser is selected by the random name generator and the purchase package and background check pass muster with CMP that they would then instruct the customer to direct their FFL agent to forward to CMP for final transfer/shipping completion etc.
You are making this too hard.

I don't think you will even be put on the list for the random drawing if you do not provide all the proper documents and have the FFL papers either in your packet or emailed/faxed to them.

My understanding is after you meet all the requirements, that is when CMP will do their background check and inter you in the list for the random drawing.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
You are making this too hard.

I don't think you will even be put on the list for the random drawing if you do not provide all the proper documents and have the FFL papers either in your packet or emailed/faxed to them.

My understanding is after you meet all the requirements, that is when CMP will do their background check and inter you in the list for the random drawing.
In my opinion alone maybe it would be easier if everyone sends in an order form to get thrown in the machine. If your number comes up then you have X number of days to submit the remains paperwork once contacted by CMP. If not then they move on down the list.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM

Guess all my help is only confusing those of you that can not read.

My order will be in the mail on the new form, complete, and if in the first 10,000 will be in the drawing.

Those of you that can not read, you will not make the cut. I'll wait until then to read all the posts about not being fair.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 12-14-2017, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Mag View Post
No Ill intended here guys but sending in my birth certificate again and the affiliated group membership again and proof or marksmanship activity again then two nics checks is just too much red tape for me. Does anyone see how ludicrous this is not to mention unconstitutional? I wouldn't be surprised if they required a nics check every 6 months after you owned the 1911.
I'm really sorry guys but as much as I like WWI & WWII history and firearms count me out on this one.
If my reply here is out of line go ahead and delete it. No offense will be taken.
Sadly I just wanted to express my feelings on this issue.
No offense intended, but this is exhibit #1,000 as to why these threads get locked or deleted. The process in place to make this opportunity happen is a result of the involvement of many entities beyond just CMP...and entities with alot at stake. But that has been discussed enough elsewhere.
Regardless, at least we will have this opportunity...instead of them being melted into bollards!
As stated, folks have the freedom of choice to try and purchase one or not try without all the attendant hand-wringing...nobody is forcing anyone.

Quote:
I've read thru the latest emailed clarification for 1911 purchase and have questions of how CMP wants to receive an FFL signed copy representing the customer.

1) Does the customer need to physically obtain a copy of the receiving FFL to be included within his purchase application package?

2) Does CMP require that the receiving FFL dealer forward (electronically??) as agent for the customer the signed copy of his FFL with customer's name affixed?

3) Will CMP have an online registry of active FFL dealers for the customer to select and assign as the customers transfer agent ?
Beyond the email that outlines the process, already asked and answered in this same sub-forum...
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=220309

It is incumbent upon the customer to find a current and valid FFL for the transfer.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 12-14-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:30 PM
CMP Chief Operating Officer

The customers name will not be entered into the random number generator until they fulfilled all requirements. The FFL will need to be faxed or emailed with the customer's name attached at the same time the order is sent in to CMP. Staff pulls the order out of the envelope, check list it for all required documentation, sees note that the FFL has been faxed or emailed, then searches the FFL spreadsheet. If the FFL is not on the spreadsheet the order is set aside and they continue on to the next order. Only complete orders get in the stack for the random number generator.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:30 AM

Default CMP 1911 Customer I.D.

Will this be your current CMP I.D. number or will a new number be issued with a 1911 purchase. We will need to now this when filling out the 1911 order form.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2018, 10:38 AM

Just like your first CMP order, you don't have a number yet, leave it blank.

Later in the form it says.

CMP 1911 Customer I.D. (CMP Use Only)

Old 06-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Thanks I missed that