Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 12:39 PM

I used to go to the NS about every 4-6 weeks. I miss that. If someone with a van wants to round up all the Raleigh area folks, I'd chip in.
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM

It's probably a GOOD thing that I'm so far away......
Old 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw1947 View Post
In the truck or trailer?

The relationship between how close you ride to the front seat is directly proportional to how good looking you are.

If I don't have to go out of my way to pick someone up , I don't even want gas $$$
You just buy me a cup off coffee both directions of the trip and you'll probably need to beat me off with a stick
Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 PM

I would like to add just one thing tho ............ if anybody thinks I am going to be stuck in a truck for x number of hours , listening to what is "fair" and "what the CMP should do"
well , lets just say , someone is going to be walking home
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Eastern, PA - Are there any car pools going anytime soon to the North store. I live in Eastern, PA and want to head out to pick up my first Garand. Do they sell the CMP Special at this store or just the service and rack grades? Thanks, please let me know...
Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 PM

The north store currently has a nice rack of $795.00 special grades. I helped a new guy pick one out just the other day. I went down the line and set the butt out on anything with a .5 or less muzzle. That turned out to be most of them with about every third or fourth rifle having a zero muzzle! These are probably the best deal going in a M1 Garand right now.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:57 PM

Hi,
I'm in Mid North Western NH, right on the Vt. border.
Any one out this way interested? I'm game to go to CMP North.
PM or Email me if interested.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 PM

Default Deciding on which M1 Garand and interested in Carpooling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimScharf View Post
The north store currently has a nice rack of $795.00 special grades. I helped a new guy pick one out just the other day. I went down the line and set the butt out on anything with a .5 or less muzzle. That turned out to be most of them with about every third or fourth rifle having a zero muzzle! These are probably the best deal going in a M1 Garand right now.
First off, I am really excited to be on this forum, I have been wanting an M1 Garand for some time now but just didn't know enough. I have been on here now for a week or so and have been learning a lot. I am so anxious to purchase my first Garand but just want to make the right decision in which one.

Jim, thanks for your info, I am in between weather to buy a service grade or a CMP Special and not sure what to do. $795 is cheaper than the website price of $995, is there something different about them? I want to take the trip up but wouldn't mind car pooling with someone, I would even be willing to be the person driving. Do you work there or were you just there purchasing a Garand? Are the CMP employees helpful when you are there, do they go through the guns with people like me as you did with someone, or do they have the muzzle values written on them already? Thanks again for you help...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 PM

about an hour more each way for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh53gunner View Post
Go ahead and rub it in.

7 hours to the North Store and 11 1/2 to the South Store.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 PM

ford7379trucks I'm in Owego NY, when they get the ammo in I'd be interested in a car pool (plus my credit card needs the exercise) . I'm not sure where in western NY your from but my folks are in Clearance Center. Is that close?