X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RHScott
    • Jul 2016

M1903 AA Rebuild valuations

So, given a quantity of AA identical rebuilds, some high number and some low number how does one go about developing a fair price?
    All have been rebuilt and througherly mixed during rebuild as well as refinished. None show any original stock marking other than a occasional old P that was then restruck later. Most have scant stocks, one has a 1903 only scant stock, one has a fingergroove stock and one has a 1903 only WW2 straight stock. Barrels range from 1913 to 1942 and all are clear and range from VG to Exc. There is a Mk1 with what looks like the original 12-19 SA barrel. There is also SA rifle # 22,xxx with what I guess is its 3rd barrel, now wearing SA 11-18. There is a Remington 3,09x,xxx wearing what might be a replacement RA 10-42 barrel. All wood is great clean and sound. All sport 1923 WW2 slings. AA plus N, H1, Q and Z inspections.
    1 Avis 12-18 barrel noted on a 9xx,xxx SA. No import markings as expected. All have milled TGs and none pinned.

Are all about the same value or do the low numbers still get dinged?
    Last edited by RHScott; 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM.
    You don't need to be perfect, just better than your competition.
  • BobJ50
    • Aug 2018

I wouldn't try to set a value unless I saw them.
    However, fair market value? $650.00 and up, based on CMP.
    Even a low number, if in exceptional condition, I would buy and never shoot.
    Eye of the beholder....

Comment

• RHScott
      • Jul 2016

Thank you.
      Was figuring that given equal condition weapons the "low" numbered ones would be a little less than the "high" numbered ones.
      You don't need to be perfect, just better than your competition.

Comment

• broomhandle
        • Feb 2016

Hi RHScott,

Please check your PM's

Thanks,
        broomhandle

Comment

Working...
        X