Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2019, 10:17 AM

Default South Store Report 11/07/2019

There were 10 customers at opening and an additional 8 shortly after opening. Racks were full. These were buyers not lookers, 20 rifles were sold by 8:30. Didnít see any cartouches this morning. All SGís have CMP stocks.

Armors today are Ellyn and Taska.

A member asks me a question about an ďAĒ marked SA from last week and I deleted his PM by mistake. The SA ďAĒ is still there #1378796-A which means it has a WRA sister somewhere with the same serial number.

M1917 Drill Rifle, 1, 400.00.

CMP IHC Special 1/ RG, 7.

SA 6 million, 1, 1220.00.

M1C SA SG, 1.

1903, 17, two Mark Iís, couple of RIAís, some very nice rifles, lots of Remingtons.

WRA SG 5/ FG 6. No WRA barrels or WIN-13ís.

IHC SG 5/ FG 5, most have LMR barrels, didnít see any IHC stocks.

SA FG, 19, several with original WWII barrels, one with SA open box stock stamp.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Hard to believe that Springfield with the A suffix serial number is still there. Don't see many Springfield M1s marked that way, at least from what I have seen.

Rob
Old 11-07-2019, 07:11 PM

Thanks PH.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Default Friday opening report

There were two customers at opening and the racks were full and wall displays.

Armors today are a Bobby, Ellyn and Taska.

1903, 12, several with ďCĒ stocks, they donít show up very often in the store...

IHC SG 5.

WRA SG 9/ FG 16, no WRA barrels or WIN-13ís.

SA FG 16, saw one SA JLG and a SA GAW cartouche.

CMP Specials 2/ RG 8.

M1C SA SG, 1.

SA 6 million, 1.

Daisy Air Rifles, 3.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Hello Tom;
Are the 1903's all 1903s, or are some 1903A3s?

Thanks;
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 11-08-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Hello Tom;
Are the 1903's all 1903s, or are some 1903A3s?

Thanks;
JH
1903ís only... On rare occasion a 1903a3 will show up but itís the exception, just like the M1917ís...
Old 11-08-2019, 10:44 AM

Tom, i'm curious...do you have a checklist or something that you make notes on as you go through the inventory? You seem to be able to quickly tabulate what they have.
And thanks for the report!
Old 11-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Dang! I could sure use a nice USGI C stock! If anyone gets a nice C stock set but needs a Mark I stock set instead, I have a nice original one with WES cartouche I would trade.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:50 AM

Default Inventory

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
Tom, i'm curious...do you have a checklist or something that you make notes on as you go through the inventory? You seem to be able to quickly tabulate what they have.
And thanks for the report!
That is a good question and thanks for your prior post..

I always have a small notebook to record details of things I find interesting..

At opening I make a quick pass though the rifles in the racks looking for receiver markings, USMC, SA-52, etc, stock cartouches or rebuild stamps, barrels that appear to be original to rifle and serial numbers that might be special. Sometimes itís almost impossible because of customers activities, to much movement of rifles.

The store staff sometimes at opening (never prior to opening) will help with the numbers/manufacturers of rifles in the inventory which really helps me to do a better inspection of rifles present and allows me time to help customers that ask or help those that look like they need help.

I inspect all rifles at least once and then sometimes six times a weekend when I try to inspect all restock inventory. The only way to do this is by a complete inspection of all rifles present, six times a weekís. Because I see so many rifles every week it gives me a lot of knowledge on locating rifles that I think are special, which may or may not be to others. Friends and customers often bring a rifle to my attention so that I can post it or just because they donít know what something about the rifle is, itís very helpful to me so that I donít miss something special. My favorite rifle is a WRA 100684 that a customer passed to me because he knew I liked early WRAís and he had no interest in it, so sometimes itís works out good for me.

The store staff is also very helpful to me by calling my attention to things that are new that I have missed or might miss so I have good information about the store inventory that I can report.

After almost six years of doing these reports Iím not an expert but I sure have picked up a lot of knowledge about these great battle rifles, by inspection and from other very knowledgeable customers and I enjoy this part time job a lot. It is very rewarding helping others who also enjoy this hobby..
Old 11-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Your efforts are VERY much appreciated Tom!!