Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Default Trip and Order questions

A friend and I are planning our first trip to the South Store. We were thinking about heading down next week.

Before the bulletin board was changed this morning we were following a thread that was saying pickings were slim right now.

We are interested in a service grade but hear they are not available right now. We want to checkout the store and look through the field grades to see what we can see.(and maybe take home)

1. If we go and don't find one we like while there, can we place an order for a service grade or "springfield special"? at the counter? Providing of course we have all our paperwork. (to be shipped when available)

2. Will there be a better selection if we show up on Wednesday morning than if we come down Friday?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

We got our first close up look at some Garands at an Appleseed shoot last week. After shooting Rifleman, we're hot to get our own Garand.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM

I made my first trip to the South Store back in June before they had the Service Grade Specials ($795) and they didn't have any Service Grade rifles available either.
I know that you can turn in your paperwork at the store for a Service Grade but I don't think they are taking orders for the Service Grade Specials because they aren't listed on the sales page.
When I went, we showed up on Wednesday morning and came back on Thursday morning to pick up some more stuff. The crowd was definitely heavier on Wednesday morning because the consensus is that the store restocks the racks prior to opening on Wednesday.
No matter when you go, I'm sure a piece of history will follow you home.
sjames
Old 10-23-2009, 02:40 PM

SG specials were "in-store" only. I was told, "when they're gone... they're gone".

You can put your order in for a SG and your paperwork is processed with the other mail from that day.

Wednesday's (only been there on a Wed myself) are the first days since the "restock", unless they had a LOT of sales earlier and the racks are empty. It sounds like the line isn't as long later in the week, but there are generally enough rifles to occupy your time while in the store!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Hey read the thread before this one. I was just there yesterday. There are still several field grade keepers still there. In fact, IMHO, if you are on a 1 or 2 rifle budget, you will have several to choose from. I found a really nice looking FG HRA that had HRA bolt, op rod, and barrel. Didn't take it to the counter to have broken down, so I don't know what was inside her, but had I not already spent $700 that morning, it probably would have gone home. I say what the heck, you only live once. Drive there for yourself and check it out. You never know what you will find! Do it for the adventure and to say you did, and you will have a blast no matter what follows you home!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the advice and trip reports. We will be driving down next week. I'm excited again and looking forward to checking out the store. Of course we'd like to find something nice to look at but we're really after a good shooter. Sounds like we should be able to do that.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 AM

I would wait. The pickings are pretty slim right now. I see you're in E TN. So am I. Wow, my first post on the new board. It took me forever to get on here. That was a pain. Thanks, Orest.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:58 AM

As per question # 2; shelves are restocked when starting to get empty and CMP workload permits. Day of the week doesn't matter.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to rochund
Question

So what is there at the south store and who would be an e-mail contact there?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
CMP Board Member

next week is a good time to come down.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM

We are planning on being there day after tomorrow, the 28th. I hope Orest means this week! Anniston or bust.