Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > Georgia
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Default M1A/M14 Match in Dawsonville, GA

RBGC M1A DAY Match
Saturday, March 5, 2016

River Bend Gun Club is hosting an open match for M14/M1A rifles. Registration starts at 8am, safety briefing at 8:45, and the match will begin at 9am. Match fee is $15 for members, $20 for non-club members and $5 for juniors (19 and under).

Participants must provide their own ammunition (minimum 50 rounds).

Eligibility: Match is open to the public so you do not need to be a RBGC member to participate.

Course of Fire 200 yards
Stage 1 - Unlimited sighters & 20 slow fire prone shots for record in a block time limit of 25 minutes. All single load.
Stage 2 - Rapid fire, prone starting in position, 10 record shots, time limit of 80 seconds. Mandatory magazine change (2 & 8).
Stage 3 - Rapid fire, sitting starting in position, 10 record shots, time limit of 70 seconds. Mandatory magazine change (2 & 8).
Stage 4 - Slow fire, standing, 10 record shots, time limit of 10 minutes. All single load.

Rifles Permitted:
M1A rifles of any configuration or semi-automatic M14 type rifles. No select fire/full automatic.

Classes:
Open Sights - As issued or NM open sights
Any Optic - As stated any optical device used to sight the rifle i.e. red dot, variable or fixed power scopes

Directions to River Bend Gun Club can be found at www.rbgc.org The match will be held on the High Power range 200 yard line. Each participant will be required to pull targets and score for another competitor.

For additional information you can contact the match director: Tim Noble at
[email protected]
or call (770) 655-5398.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:35 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone that came out to the M1A match Saturday March 5th at River Bend Gun Club. We had a successful match & it turned out to be a perfect day to be outside shooting. There were a total of 24 shooters for our first match. Due to the turnout and positive feedback, I plan to make this an annual event in the spring at River Bend. I hope you all return & bring your shooting buddies.

I would like to especially thank Ben Franklin for the use of his targets/equipment and George Wilson, Larry Sollars & Mike Whitlatch for running the pits. Mike, thanks also for doing double duty as grill master after the match.

The match results are being posted on River Bend’s website.

Tim N.