Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako30 View Post
If CMP tried to sell 22000 cans of AP for $200 a can they would have to set on it for 15years to unload that much on the market.
A few cans selling for $200 doesnt make that the market price.
I think you have a point that it would take longer to sell, but I bet they would sell a BUNCH of it right way at $200. Maybe similar to the bayos - a ton sold in the first 24 hours or so, but the demand seems to have slowed down quite a bit.

Will AP be getting the same prices on GB in a year from now? Who knows. Either way, do we really need to get into ANOTHER thread where we all snipe at each other over the price of AP (or bayonets, or whatever)????
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM

Since the AYR stuff is being sold for $130.00 a spam can commercially at Orion 7, I would guess the US stuff would bring something of a premium over that.

Dave

30-06 Armor piercing black tip ammo. 192 rds. in sealed spam can packed on Garand clips and cloth bandoleers. Ammo is dated 1955, berdan primed, with non-corrosive primers. This stuff has been hard to locate. Manufactured in Norway. 130.00 per can. No sales where prohibited
Old 07-15-2010, 01:57 PM

+1 Blockhead. When you buy house or property (or anything for that matter) you don't ask the person what HE paid for it, its irrelevant. It just doesn't work that way. If you don't like the price, you can offer the seller less, but he can ask whatever he wants. Maybe he could care less if he sells it or not. You can be sure of this...somewhere, someone will end up paying his price. I've seen people pay ridiculous prices for stuff just because they want it and want it NOW.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:09 PM

Any time someone came into the shop and wanted to trade firearms, and he would tell me "I paid $$$$$ for this," I would always tell him that what he paid for it really doesn't matter. The price of the item is determined by condition and saleability. Fair market value varies from season to season. A lot of people tend to believe their firearm is worth a lot of money becasue it is "old." I never ask anyone what price they paid for an item I am trying to purchase.
CMP CUSTOMER #025922
Old 07-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Sgt I know exactly what you are talking about. The problem starts when you tell them what you are willing to pay them for it. Nobody wants you to make a profit from them.
My post has nothing to do with profits. It's more about the fact that AP sold for less when there was less of it. Now there is a lot of it out there and people keep asking just a bit more. I'm waiting for ti to top off then maybe I'll sell mine and buy it back cheaper than I sold it for.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
I have noticed ever since the CMP has sold the AP ammo the prices have been going up and up. It started around $120 for a can when the first of it arrived on the market. I now see it cresting $200. I could have bought it for around $150 until there was a surplus in it. Now I see the greed in people looking to see how high people are willing to go. I know there are a lot of people who do not know what it sold for and I dont care what they do with it. I'm just amazed what people are a. asking and b. paying.
I'm glad I got mine from the CMP and I also have some LC stashed away from when none of it was pricey.
I have seen the USGI (SL, LC, etc) sealed spam cans increase to $270 a can. It has been highly collectible for a long time. I bought my sealed cans to look at more than anything. I have 'lusted' after sealed AP ammo cans for a while, but could never justify paying the going market at the time. I have no intention of selling OR opening mine
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Thats cause people have a Ammo Jones.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM

Looks like to me it's just got back to market price. AP has been a dollar or more arround here for ten years. And that's if you could find any. I might see AP in any quantity at one in ten gun shows arround here in the last five to six years. 200 a can is less than market at 192 for the ammo, 18 for the clips and 8 for the bandoleers ( 192 X $1, 24 X $.75 and 4 X $2 ). 218.00 = the bottom end of market value arround here; or at least it was. I'm hoping the price continues up. I may sell or trade some of mine soon as I'm running low on 22 target ammo and if I can get a case of high end target 22 for some cheap to me AP I'll be all over it. I shoot in a month allot more 22lr, 223 match and 6mm BR then I do 30-06 in a year or two.

Wish I had ordered more now already.

Donald
Old 07-15-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuze View Post
Sgt I know exactly what you are talking about. The problem starts when you tell them what you are willing to pay them for it. Nobody wants you to make a profit from them.
My post has nothing to do with profits. It's more about the fact that AP sold for less when there was less of it. Now there is a lot of it out there and people keep asking just a bit more. I'm waiting for ti to top off then maybe I'll sell mine and buy it back cheaper than I sold it for.
You guys must have had a source for AP before CMP sold the last batch, because I couldn't find ANY for many years before, at any price.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
Any time someone came into the shop and wanted to trade firearms, and he would tell me "I paid $$$$$ for this," I would always tell him that what he paid for it really doesn't matter. The price of the item is determined by condition and saleability. Fair market value varies from season to season. A lot of people tend to believe their firearm is worth a lot of money becasue it is "old." I never ask anyone what price they paid for an item I am trying to purchase.
Over the years, I've paid decent bucks for guns people got as gifts, guns people brought back as trophys, etc., a rifle a guy won in a card game-whatever. Anyone who doesn't like my offer can take their heirloom elsewhere.

Tags
ammo, armor piercing, greed