Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Default 2018 Eastern Games & CMP Cup Schedule Change

The Civilian Marksmanship Program has reviewed the customer surveys we sent to our CMP Travel Games competitors concerning the updated schedules. Our CMP Western Games & CMP Cup competitors overwhelmingly (85%) liked the proposed schedule, but our CMP Eastern Games & CMP Cup competitors were more divided. While 57% liked the schedule, about 40% did not. There were concerns about not having the big Cup matches on weekend days which would cause some competitors to take extra vacation time or not be able to come at all. Many of our junior competitors would also not be able to attend on weekdays. Other issues were not having the SAFS before the CMP Cup, moving the Vintage Sniper match away from the Cup matches and only having one BBQ/Cookout. We felt 40% was a lot of competitors and we reworked the schedule for our CMP Eastern Matches. The new schedule addresses the issues with having the CMP Cup/EIC/Team Matches on and closer to the weekend. We feel this second version of the schedule will be best for most of our CMP Eastern Games & Cup competitors. We had 154 responses to our survey. We would like to thank everyone for taking the time to give us your suggestions and thoughts about our CMP Games & CMP Cup Matches. We are looking forward to a great 2018 competitive shooting year! http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...pdf?ver=171201
Old 12-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie View Post
The Civilian Marksmanship Program has reviewed the customer surveys we sent to our CMP Travel Games competitors concerning the updated schedules. Our CMP Western Games & CMP Cup competitors overwhelmingly (85%) liked the proposed schedule, but our CMP Eastern Games & CMP Cup competitors were more divided. While 57% liked the schedule, about 40% did not. There were concerns about not having the big Cup matches on weekend days which would cause some competitors to take extra vacation time or not be able to come at all. Many of our junior competitors would also not be able to attend on weekdays. Other issues were not having the SAFS before the CMP Cup, moving the Vintage Sniper match away from the Cup matches and only having one BBQ/Cookout. We felt 40% was a lot of competitors and we reworked the schedule for our CMP Eastern Matches. The new schedule addresses the issues with having the CMP Cup/EIC/Team Matches on and closer to the weekend. We feel this second version of the schedule will be best for most of our CMP Eastern Games & Cup competitors. We had 154 responses to our survey. We would like to thank everyone for taking the time to give us your suggestions and thoughts about our CMP Games & CMP Cup Matches. We are looking forward to a great 2018 competitive shooting year! http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...pdf?ver=171201
Thank You for looking into this.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 12-01-2017, 02:21 PM

Christie, I looked at the new schedule and other than "being different", I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks. Count me in.

Ken Lore
Old 12-01-2017, 03:40 PM

I think it's a horrible schedule.

You have the EIC Rifle match setup so that the only way you can get zero's is to shoot the 4-man team THE SAME DAY.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Aren't you supposed to have zeroes in advance?

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ItsGarand

Now I have to take another day of vacation to get it all in. I'm not at all pleased with the latest schedule. Honestly, you should have left the original schedule as it was. Why is there nothing on Sunday? And now I definite can't do the SAFS match since it's now a week earlier.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:32 AM

Hey Christie,
Thanks to you, Mark and CMP Team for listening to the shooters.
Vic