Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ljagdtiger
Default ncic check

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
+1 on the C&R License. This license has to be renewed every 3 years with the BATFE and these firearms are C&R eligible.
Simple. That s the way it is written
Old 12-06-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
The instructions are not that hard. Just read them.
Using all these posts filled with questions as evidence, it appears that it is hard... increadably hard... like people are refusing to place orders hard...
Old 12-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
As an 01 FFL permit holder I'ld like to explain a few things. In order for any other FFL holder to send me a firearm they need a signed copy of my FFL. Any firearm that I receive must immediately go into my book. The book shows the date, type of weapon, serial number and where it was obtained from, including the FFL number of whoever sent me the weapon. Once a firearm is in my book it can only be released after an ATF Form 4473 has been completed. The book will show who the weapon was delivered to, the date and the status of the Form 4473. Depending on where you live the requirements for delivering the firearm can vary, for instance here in KY a concealed carry permit negates the requirement for a separate NICS check. When you fill out a 4473 a lot of the information you fill in is not included in the information needed for the background check, basically once the dealer has verified the identity of the purchaser and verified that nothing on the form precludes him delivering the firearm to that person he gives that persons name to the NICS either on the phone or thru their internet site and they give a yhea or nay on if the transfer can occur. The only information the NICS gets is the type of firearm and who it is being delivered to, the serial number stays with the dealer on the form 4473. The FFL is responsible to maintain the book and 4473's and supporting documentation virtually forever. The book and supporting documentation are inspectable by the ATF at any time they desire.
Unless a firearm is being delivered to another FFL holder there will be a Form 4473 completed and maintained by the FFL.
Several additions or clarifications. The copy of the signed FFL paperwork can normally be e-mailed from FFL to FFL. If you have one copy on file, you don't need another until the License changes. Congress and the Army are going to require the CMP to have paper copies.
The A/D book additions normally have to be in by the close of business the next day but can be done anytime in the seven days following acquisition if the commercial documents contain all of the required information. The dispositions have to be done within 7 days of the disposition. The BATFE is allowed one inspection per year except if they have a warrant or have a specific firearm record they are looking for. And only during normal shop hours. For the individual record, they normally will call and then request it to be faxed or mailed to them at the tracing center. A local visit to see one record is rare. They normally don't even get to every FFL each year to do an inspection. Most likely time for a visit is the first and last year of a three year period unless you are really high volume. But when they do, it can be multiple days spent checking the records. With the CMP becoming a FFL, you can bet they will get a visit yearly. What gets to be fun is if a shop has a change of owners or closes. Then the old A/D books get turned in for safe keeping in Martinsburg, WV by the BATFE. Unless they lose them. They are never happy when they find out they were turned over to one of their agents and that the records never got to Martinsburg.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
In this together yes, but why would you get a C&R just for this? Firsts off if this is all you got it for, why not just use a local FFL? Secondly from the beginning it was said by the CMP that the pistol would have to be shipped to a dealer. The fact that a C&R isnít able to be used should not have been a suprise to a single soul who has actually read anything on this.
Hi, what I meant was I had a C&R that was going to expire and I renewed it. As for I "shoulda" known it was FFL type 1 only; many firearms specify FFL but the C&R is accepted, it is an FFL. If the C&R was ruled out in the beginning I missed the memo. That's fine and I see what the rules are now, Thanks for your comment, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides
Old 12-07-2017, 12:37 AM

The CMP is required to become an 01FFL to sell the pistols something my understanding they really didnít want to do. I figure another reason for a whole new set of paperwork is so they can keep pistol and rifle sales completely independent of each other. That way rifle business goes on like normal and if the pistols dry up or go away they arenít stuck being an 01FFL forever.

It is what it is. Iím thankful for the opportunity regardless. I hope I make the cut when the time comes. If I donít this year then maybe next year.

For all of you upset over the 03FFL not being accepted then go buy a pistol thatís already on the market is my best advice. I suspect these will be priced closer to the open market than many of you realize. Demand is obviously high with all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I donít feel entitled to any of them.

One final thought. Your tax dollars or the tax dollars of others didnít pay for as many of these as you think. They used to have these things called War Bonds they sold to buy weapons, equipment, and just generally pay for the war. They even had them during WWI to my best recollection from a history book or two.

If you donít like how the CMP is run get involved and eventually run for the board of directors.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:09 AM

Cool

If we think this is getting ridicules , just wait till people get their order denied because they still did not understand or follow the rules.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
Using all these posts filled with questions as evidence, it appears that it is hard... increadably hard... like people are refusing to place orders hard...
Just read and follow, no interpretations needed.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 AM

^^^ This.

There will be additional details at some point in the future, and I am sure there will be adequate time from the detailed order announcement until the official "go" date when the packets with your information can be officially postmarked and mailed.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 [Univ. of Alabama Press,1975])
Old 12-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
Just read and follow, no interpretations needed.
Yep, exactly what Iíve been saying all along, but of course judging by all these questions, questions that have been answered no less, reading and following directions is a little much.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
Modified for clarity (I believe). The DATE that CMP announces is all important, in that it defines the date that ďpost marksĒ cannot precede. As I understand, if your stuff arrives with a Ďpost markí earlier than that date, your order wonít be placed in the running for a lottery number position.
I've read the entire thread, and there hasn't been any clarification of the following:

9. Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.
Does this mean United States Postal Service only? Will either FedEx or UPS deliveries be accepted? I can appreciate a USPS only delivery method in that the day's mail will most likely all come in at the same time.
FedEx and/or UPS "may" arrive earlier in the day giving those orders an advantage.
10. Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
There haven't been any responses to busykngt (#195). Let's assume that the date the CMP accepts orders is December 45th (fictitious date of course). I cannot go to the Post Office on the 44th for next day delivery on the 45th and expect the order to be accepted because the postmark will be a day early. I will have to mail the order on or after the 45th.
Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread