Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2019, 10:51 AM

Default Help adjusting M84 scope

I can really use some help here. I have the M84 scope on an M1D and ran out of elevation using the turret. I purchased TM 9-1005-222-35 and it say nothing about adjusting the scope.

I see two nuts in the center of each turret. I have read that this scope has a coarse adjustment that can be set up before for zero and the turret was used in the field based on the range shot. I am assuming it involves these two nuts.

Can some one tell in as simple as you can (idiot proof) terms how to manipulate the two nuts or what ever is involved in setting the gross elevation. I can make two drivers to fit the slots in the nuts. I need to know if I am right to mess with this and which one locks and if the other moves POI? And warnings to avoid breaking or bending anything internal. Should this be easy or do any small parts typically freeze up?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:40 AM

Found it. Works for both elev and windage.

"If you cannot zero your scope within one turn of the adjustment turret and the turret will not turn anymore, it has a stop.

Loosen the LARGE round nut on top of the turret. It is about 5/16" in diameter. You may have to notch a screwdriver to a make a proper tool. Leave the SMALL round nut alone.

Loosen the large nut as far as you can as it will not fall off. Lift up the turret and rotate the turret over the stop and set it back down. You may get about four full turns on both the windage and elevation turrets."

Directions provided by Les Kraft

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 05-15-2019, 11:43 AM

I also just use a small tip screw driver on one side of the screw. Mine turned just fine. If resistance, you might want a split tip screwdriver.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
Found it. Works for both elev and windage.

"If you cannot zero your scope within one turn of the adjustment turret and the turret will not turn anymore, it has a stop.

Loosen the LARGE round nut on top of the turret. It is about 5/16" in diameter. You may have to notch a screwdriver to a make a proper tool. Leave the SMALL round nut alone.

Loosen the large nut as far as you can as it will not fall off. Lift up the turret and rotate the turret over the stop and set it back down. You may get about four full turns on both the windage and elevation turrets."

Directions provided by Les Kraft
AH. Thank you so much. I printed a hard copy.

Life is sure a lot easier with the internet
Old 05-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezvf9zf0j...9rlJAfXKa?dl=0

And you can make an equivalent to this original tool with a screwdriver the right size and your Dremel tool.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:43 AM

thank you lapriester, I saved those more detailed instructions.

I believe, I could make a reasonable copy of that tool. I will just sacrifice an old screwdriver.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
thank you lapriester, I saved those more detailed instructions.

I believe, I could make a reasonable copy of that tool. I will just sacrifice an old screwdriver.
My original is in my box and that's exactly what I did.