Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 09:49 PM

Default Ordering from CMP

It is possible to mail order a rifle from CMP but how do you know the availability and price of a rifle through mail order? I fear that by the time I get to the store they will all be gone. I really want to buy a Garand but can't afford much right now since I just grabbed a Carbine.

Last edited by 5 x 5; 06-28-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Below is the rifle sales page for Garands with prices and current availability...

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/m1garand.htm
Old 06-29-2013, 09:00 AM

Thanks. I check that page periodically but I have no idea how often it's updated. I wouldn't want to submit paper work and payment for something that is sold out.

I live close to the north store so I want to just drive up to get one. But reading posts here, it seems people are buying these things up like crazy. Plus with the matches coming up they will prob sell alot more.

Please save me a service grade!

If I sign up for the Carbine club, since they don't give member cards, how long from the time I send payment til the CMP has the member info? And how will I know?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 x 5 View Post
Thanks. I check that page periodically but I have no idea how often it's updated. I wouldn't want to submit paper work and payment for something that is sold out.
Very easy to cancel an order if they do sell out - just an email to customer service and it'll be taken care of.
Google advanced search: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
In "site or domain" put: forums.thecmp.org
-
Old 06-30-2013, 08:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Actually if you ordered something that is later sold out I believe that customer service will contact you and will either cancel your order or offer another rifle option that is available. If you see a rifle on the sales page that you want order it now.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Plus, if you use credit card, it won't be charged until after they get to your order in the stack and start to work to getting it shipped out. That buys you a few months to get the money together and puts your foot in the door for now.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:12 PM

dont gage the entire stock on what is available at the north store either.

as the open crates they ship some to mail order customers and some get sent to the north store. just because there are only 8 SA FG's in the north store today, it doesn't mean there aren't 15 crates of them waiting to be opened and inspected.

the best part of going to the store though is you can actually take a look and hold them and select them yourself. i decided to make the 3 hour drive to roll the dice on what was there.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:

I live close to the north store so I want to just drive up to get one. But reading posts here, it seems people are buying these things up like crazy. Plus with the matches coming up they will prob sell alot more.

Please save me a service grade!

If I sign up for the Carbine club, since they don't give member cards, how long from the time I send payment til the CMP has the member info? And how will I know?
(AHEM) You might consider purchasing for others as an agent...for a few bucks...as we unfortunately distant members (AHEM) cannot pick and choose!

FYI:
Effective immediately, the following procedure is in place for CMP stores when someone other than the customer on the order form selects rifles and delivers the customer order form to CMP.

The person who is going to select a rifle for the customer should have the customerís completed order form to present at the same time he presents the rifle to the armorers in the store. The ship to address on the order form must be the same as the address we have on file for the customer. The order form must be notarized (even if notary in system is valid), so we know that it is the customer placing the order and not someone else placing the order and having the order shipped to customerís address. In addition, we require a separate letter of authorization signed by the customer stating the name of the person the customer is authorizing to select the rifle. That letter need not be notarized, but must be signed and signatures on order form and letter should match.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:23 PM

So if I go to the store I just take my i.d., discharge papers, and proof of membership to a club (and money) and I walk out with a rifle?

What if I don't have a membership card for the Carbine club (I guess they dont have cards) ?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
So if I go to the store I just take my i.d., discharge papers, and proof of membership to a club (and money) and I walk out with a rifle?

What if I don't have a membership card for the Carbine club (I guess they dont have cards) ?

Thanks.
I duno about the carbine club or if they can look up your membership. But worst case, you pay 25$ there and join the Garand collectors association (GCA) and get 4 GCA magazines that are pretty awesome.

I brought my passport just in case, but they only looked at my DD214 and GCA club cards.

But yeah, you walk in, pick your rifle, do the paperwork and take it home.

I'd recommending picking up at least 2 cases of greek ammo. I regret only buying one box when I was there and I wish I would have picked up a bayonet. oh wel....maybe next trip.