Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 PM
5 x 5 5 x 5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K10 View Post
I duno about the carbine club or if they can look up your membership. But worst case, you pay 25$ there and join the Garand collectors association (GCA) and get 4 GCA magazines that are pretty awesome.

I brought my passport just in case, but they only looked at my DD214 and GCA club cards.

But yeah, you walk in, pick your rifle, do the paperwork and take it home.

I'd recommending picking up at least 2 cases of greek ammo. I regret only buying one box when I was there and I wish I would have picked up a bayonet. oh wel....maybe next trip.

Was that your first rifle purchase with CMP or or do they have you on file?
Also, you can join the Garand collectors association right there at the store?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 PM
19K10 19K10 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 x 5 View Post
Was that your first rifle purchase with CMP or or do they have you on file?
Also, you can join the Garand collectors association right there at the store?
Thanks.
Yup. that was my first purchase and yes, they will sign you up for the GCA if you are not a member of a club when you start your paperwork.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-02-2013, 06:29 PM
5 x 5 5 x 5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K10 View Post
Yup. that was my first purchase and yes, they will sign you up for the GCA if you are not a member of a club when you start your paperwork.
Thank you.


Does anyone know what the price is for a HRA service grade at the north store? Do they have any?

Anything wrong with HRA or they are just not as popular?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
19K10 19K10 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 x 5 View Post
Thank you.


Does anyone know what the price is for a HRA service grade at the north store? Do they have any?

Anything wrong with HRA or they are just not as popular?
HRA Service grades are $625, if they have any of them
HRA Servie Grade Specials are $950

the Garand experts will chime in with other stuff, I'm sure, but I think the biggest reason HRA's are less popular is that HRA was contracted after the Korean War, so there is really no chance an HRA saw battle in WW2 or Korea.

I believe they were also the last manufacturer to make them....i.e. they are the youngest rifles, but i'm not an expert in garand history.

I bought my HRA SGS to shoot and I couldn't be happier. well.. i could be happier if 30.06 dropped to 10 cents a round. lol
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:19 PM
5 x 5 5 x 5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 273
Default

That's prob. why they still have them on the website. I would want a WW2 Garand when I get one.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
hcmaize hcmaize is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 1,033
Default

My impression, right now, is that if you want a WW2 SA, the Field Grades are most likely to be...I asked for WW2 on my 4 FGs...unless there are other options...like GB and DuPage...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:40 AM
5 x 5 5 x 5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 273
Default

I can't believe how so many people are going in and buying 2 or more rifles at a time and already have a few to start. There are some of us who don't have a Garand yet and have not had the chance to get to CMP.

I went to a gun show recently (1st time in 20 yrs) and couldn't believe how many rifles I saw for sale with STACKS of CMP rifle cases on the floor.

All I can say is I hope CMP doesn't run out any time soon.

Maybe they need a tighter limit, at least to curb the obvious profiteers.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:14 AM
captaincalc captaincalc is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,946
Default

A very well discussed topic
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Password is Taco Password is Taco is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 561
Default

I can't get the picture to work. NOT THIS CRAP AGAIN!

See here for everyone's opinion on your thoughts: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=106140

Any one who wants a rifle has plenty of time to get one from the CMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 x 5 View Post
I can't believe how so many people are going in and buying 2 or more rifles at a time and already have a few to start. There are some of us who don't have a Garand yet and have not had the chance to get to CMP.

I went to a gun show recently (1st time in 20 yrs) and couldn't believe how many rifles I saw for sale with STACKS of CMP rifle cases on the floor.

All I can say is I hope CMP doesn't run out any time soon.

Maybe they need a tighter limit, at least to curb the obvious profiteers.

Last edited by Password is Taco; 07-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 PM
5 x 5 5 x 5 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 273
Default

Anyway, back to positive discussion, which is what I intended,

Can anyone tell me in what condition I might expect a fleld grade Garand to be? Obviously they will be rougher than a service grade, but can I assume a field grade rifle will be fully functional and rust-free? Also, can you request one to be WW2 issue if doing mail order? Last, do they usually have field grades at the north store? I am not too concerned with manufacturer as long as it's WW2 issued.

Thanks.

oops, forgot to add, if doing mail order does the form need to be notarized? I thought I read that somewhere on the CMP site but I can't find it now.

Last edited by 5 x 5; 07-06-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.