Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Default 7/10 NS visit

I got in about 9am to about 10 customers doing their thing. Apparently , a few carbines were available. Interesting a few reparked, with new wood at $900 and then some UGSI mixmasters at $800 also. Everything was gone, but the $800 mixmaster was news to me and I think preferable at an even lower price point.. WooHoo!

I did buy (10) 1911 magazines still in gov't wrap. I asked about availability for my Dad to stop in perhaps tomorrow. I was told "there should still be magazines in the North Store tomorrow, the nice GI wrapped versions may be gone."

I did notice a FG SA 2.22 garand sitting by it's lonesome. The stock a bit rough, probable SA, no cartouche, and worn of course. The ME was just about 0.75 and TE was under 3.0 in a '52 SA barrel. SA parts across the board, no lockbar, although post and pre numbers to the receiver serial number. At $625 how can you not take it home? If I had left that rifle at the CMP and not bought it, my wife would have been furious !!!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:20 AM

"At $XXX how can you not take it home? If I had left that rifle at the XXX and not bought it…. !!!"

… In my case, this repeated story receives rolled eyes and a sigh. Kick the "daddy do" list into high gear over the week-end gets me out of the dog house every time. Who sez' women are hard to figure out?
Old 07-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Yep a good Mixmaster Carbine at $800 is better than new wood and park job for sure for $900. But a new stock& park is worth more than $100. All depends what you want,both are good shooters .And the current market is about a $1000 for mixmasters. So yes a Great CMP buy!! THANKS CMP!!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:29 PM

They had two carbines this morning. Both sold in the first minutes after the store opened.

Oh, they DID still have some of the wrapped 1911 mags this morning, too. Not sure if they still do or not.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:43 PM

They had 2 of the re-parked Carbines and a least one $800 GI original condition one. I grabbed one of the re-parked ones for $900. I was fifth in line but sixth in the door, due to the three guys who showed up 20 minutes before the store opened and walked inside the building to stand at the inside door. Myself and the others had formed a line at and around the tables outside for around 2 hours prior to opening. There were around a dozen people in line and the 3 charged a head of everyone. When the store door opened for us to enter I physically didn't let 2 of the 3 guys ahead of me into the line, they both tried to walk into and infront of me. 1 had rushed in 2 spots ahead of me in the line. Luckly I knew where the Carbine rack was as this was the third day this week I had stopped in. 1 of the 3 did buy a carbine when I checked out.

Last edited by Shooter26; 07-11-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:05 PM

shooter26 what was the make you got?? By the way I would have sent those line jumpers the end of the line. Some people are just cheaters period!

Last edited by bandofM1; 07-11-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:17 PM

Postal meter with underwood barrel 43 no hang tag was on it so I don't know the ME TE
Old 07-11-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter26 View Post
They had 2 of the re-parked Carbines and a least one $800 GI original condition one. I grabbed one of the re-parked ones for $900. I was fifth in line but sixth in the door, due to the three guys who showed up 20 minutes before the store opened and walked inside the building to stand at the inside door. Myself and the others had formed a line at and around the tables outside for around 2 hours prior to opening. There were around a dozen people in line and the 3 charged a head of everyone. When the store door opened for us to enter I physically didn't let 2 of the 3 guys ahead of me into the line, they both tried to walk into and infront of me. 1 had rushed in 2 spots ahead of me in the line. Luckly I knew where the Carbine rack was as this was the third day this week I had stopped in. 1 of the 3 did buy a carbine when I checked out.
The staff has been keeping the outer door locked until opening time to prevent such behavior. It takes a lot of gall to walk right past folks that have been standing in line waiting patiently.

Those 3 guys know the drill. Normally that outer door is unlocked as soon as a staff member arrives. You can then wait at the inside entry door where the benches are and the line normally forms in the order of arrival. Once in a while some inconsiderate person that was too lazy to get up early enough tries to skirt the process. Some people might have driven half way across the country and wait outside in their car, maybe for hours not knowing they can wait inside and these guys will just walk right in and take a spot ahead of them.

I'm surprised nobody showed these jokers where the end of the line was, especially with so few new offerings being put out.

22 December 1944 Bastogne

http://www.army.mil/article/92856
Old 07-11-2015, 10:59 PM

Wish I could snag some mags. I have a repark carbine shipping Monday that I purchased Thursday from the South Store but they were out of mags. One would think they would have held enough mags out from the estore offering to cover the number of guns in the rack.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:06 PM

the outer door was locked and unlocked when a pickup came and 2 workers took coolers inside to load up stuff. later the garage door was opened when the 3 arrived they walked in the garage door and went to the store door. When they did everyone saw what they did and we all got up and lined up on the bench at the door inside, the 3 standing to our left. the phrase you don't know what a line is was said many times. but everyone was trying not to make a confrontation. I did not want to be kicked out for making an incident just a mad rush occurred. They knew Bob and kept talking to the staff coming and going, so I thought maybe they would stand aside and wait for those ahead of them to enter the store first. but they tried to enter as soon as the door was opened. Inside they did offer advice to others on rifles such as you can make money on these pointing out features and this rifle is worth more than CMP charges for it. One guy that had been waiting inline and was around second inside the store didn't have his paperwork when he took a rifle to the counter, so Bob told him it cant be held for him and it goes back on the floor, and He handed it to one of the 3. Its very easy to see these certain guys buy rifles for parts to resell and make money on. I have seen them at the store for years. I can say everything I have bought from the CMP I still have, I am not trying to make money buying to re-sell.

Last edited by Shooter26; 07-11-2015 at 11:10 PM.