Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2015, 11:13 PM

Yeah, those guys sure had some gall. I was there at 0630 this morning and I was going to be dammed if some clowns who strolled in at the last minute beat me to a carbine. Fortunately, my buddy knew where they were, because I didn't.

One of them scored, huh? Blast. I thought there were only two carbines. I bought the other reparked carbine. Honestly, I was surprised no one told them to bugger off. I was the first guy in line, BTW. If I'd had been further back, if have been pretty vocal about my displeasure. Honestly, I think there was a lot of disbelief at the brazen way they did it.

Jackasses have to ruin everything. The one guy obviously thought he was Big Man On Campus, because he "knew people". Sad.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:19 PM

yep the tall skinny guy got a re-parked carbine he was looking it over in the corner next to me I walked over there to look at it with a little space around me but I knew I was taking it home. I grabbed the one on the right in the rack the one on the left is yours. The brasin guy got the first one so there was 3 in the rack then. he got in wright after you the other 2 got stuck behind me I had no problem using my size as road block on that guy in the black shirt.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:20 PM

And, yeah, I'm pretty sure no one pushed the subject because no one waned to be kicked out because of inconsiderate asses. I know I wasn't going to risk it, after getting up EARLY, to get down there....
Old 07-11-2015, 11:28 PM

The guy in the black shirt held back to block them out. He was with me and should have been second in line, but he wasn't looking to buy He was just there to point me in the right direction(and visit Springfield). Sorry about the mixup.

If he hasn't grabbed the one I bought, one of the late comers would have got the carbine I bought. I made sure I put on a good show of "deciding" if I wanted to buy, whIle he stood behind my buddy, waiting for me to put it down.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:30 PM

Oh I know I meant the big guy in black shirt not your buddy. He was second and I noticed he dropped back in line to just infront of me. he was fine the 3 guys in the red suv the 1 got in ahead of me but the other 2 got stuck behind me and I forced that big older guy so he couldn't cut in line. your buddy grabbed the left one I got the one on the right. I herd him say the carbines are over here you guys were fine it was the 3 in considerate jackwagons

Last edited by Shooter26; 07-11-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:32 PM

Gotcha. What a morning, huh?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 AM

Wow. That sounds insane. I'm new to the M1's and I want a Carbine but that just sounds outrageous as to what people will go to, to try and score one with absolutely no consideration for others.
I'm looking for my 1st and probably only carbine but if this is the measures that some so called adults will go through to get one it makes me sad and somewhat feeling sorry for them. This kind of behavior certainly is a turn off for myself and is also a complete turn off for me and M1's.
The CMP is a wonderful organization and is doing wonderful things to help keep the wellbeing of our youngsters as well as us elders interested in safe firearms practices and competitive shooting but IMO this is not something any of us young or old should see and having 2 young adults of my own it would not be anything that would have a positive effect with them on firearms

I would like to see everyone that wants one receive a Carbine or Garand (I have 2 Garands) including myself but as bad as I want one I would go through GB or CMP auction and pay more than deal with that. It's MY fault for not learning about the M1's sooner and I have no one to blame for that except myself.

Good luck to everyone there in your matches and quest to get what you need and want. I'm just happy I was able to get 2 Garands and have very knowledgeable people on this forum that have helped me with any questions I have had about them.

Good luck again to all and thank you all for your help
Old 07-12-2015, 12:30 AM

Chas - I agree as well but there's no time like the present to get into the game. I'm a late comer as well as my family members and friends have been CMP customers for a little while. I'm learning as much as I can from them and various members on these forums. It's never too late - I got my first Garand the other week and have started to break it down and clean it up. I'm more than pleased for my first one (mail order) and I am very grateful to own a piece of history. It might be my fault as well for being a late comer...but I'm glad I'm here now. All the best -
Old 07-12-2015, 01:32 AM

Secret correct. Better late than never to own a piece of history. My Garands are a pleasure to take to the range. The soldiers that carried these in WW2 and beyond are BEASTs !! My Grandfather was in Europe for 2 years. Sadly he passed away 3 months before I was born so I never had the honer to talk to him about it. We lived in South Florida at the time.
My son in law was in a sniper unit overseas in the Mid East. I'll get pics of all his medals and decorations. I also have an Uncle who is 8 yrs older than myself. He was a Marine in Vietnam. He was a tunnel rat and received a Purple Heart from a bobby trap. He was 2nd post at the time on their mission. His good friend was 1st post and was KIA. He says if he had to do it all over he would.

There are no words that can explain the courage and bravery these soldiers have.

Last edited by Chas100; 07-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:23 AM

Secret, the store are neat places and, if you want to visit one, don't let stories like this dissuade you. It's certainly not usually like that. Just during the matches and especially when there's some limited availability items. All in all, about 12-15 people showed up before open and the vast majority conducted themselves respectably.

I just wish you could have seen them 10 years or so ago, when they were stocked to the gills with rifles and other goodness. It was magnificent. (And is still pretty darn cool)