Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2015, 06:33 AM

Default Shooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tep0583 View Post
Secret, the store are neat places and, if you want to visit one, don't let stories like this dissuade you. It's certainly not usually like that. Just during the matches and especially when there's some limited availability items. All in all, about 12-15 people showed up before open and the vast majority conducted themselves respectably.

I just wish you could have seen them 10 years or so ago, when they were stocked to the gills with rifles and other goodness. It was magnificent. (And is still pretty darn cool)
I had a great time both times I visited the stores and I met very nice people recently. I considered going to the NS during NM but haven't yet.

There are jerks everywhere especially when money is involved.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 07:31 AM

Shooter26 I snagged one carbine Monday a Saginaw . Store did not open till 12 noon Monday was in first 15. Carbines gone before I could grab one,but one feller gave me his when he found a Garand he had to have. My lucky day!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 AM

I was also there. Very accurate reporting by the others. Arrived early and formed up at the outside benches, right behind a guy who pulled in just ahead of me. I was number six in line and thought that would give me a pretty good chance, if there were any carbines to be had. Several others arrived and formed up behind me. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the nice morning and having a good time waiting for opening. I was surprised there were not more. A truck arrived and two guys loaded up some coolers. The garage door opened and people started moving around on golf carts. Then a truck arrived with three guys in it. They walked right up and went in the open garage door. I assumed they were employees or had something to do with the Matches. Someone behind me said they were cutting the line! We all got up and walked inside and there they were, standing by the store door. The three late comers were speaking to several people and acted like they belonged there. Again, I thought they must work here or something, surely no one would just cut in front of everybody like that. When the door opened they made a rush and got in ahead of me. I made a quick scan around for carbines...but it was too late. I saw two of the guys who had honestly waited had been successful, and had great looking re-parked rifles. I was glad for them. One of the line cutters had grabbed a non-refinished gun. I ended up just looking around and enjoying the "gun talk". Did pick up a nice sling and a couple of 45 mags and later had a good breakfast in Port Clinton. Lesson learned...maybe next time. I am lucky that I live only about 150 miles away, so, can try again. Friends think I'm crazy for driving all that way on such thin odds, but had a good day at CMP.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:13 AM

From what I understand, the line usually starts to form around 7AM.

We got there at 6:30 and it was enough to make sure we were there first. That's probably the best strategy to score a carbine, although it'd be an early morning. They're only putting a few out per day, so you have more opportunities at one. I've also heard they they are limiting people to one carbine for the duration of the matches.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tep0583 View Post
I just wish you could have seen them 10 years or so ago, when they were stocked to the gills with rifles and other goodness. It was magnificent. (And is still pretty darn cool)
I was in line when the Italian carbines were first released...4am and I was number five, by opening probably 25-30. Some guys tried to pull the same crap...sneaking in the garage door to get to the inside door. The fearsome five were not having it...we hurried in and made the others aware that the line was behind us!! Difference then...the racks were full of carbines. Everyone got one...just had to wait your turn. I ended up with a nice hand stamped Inland...but I think everyone got a decent mix master. The inventory is much more scarce now.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:19 AM

In my experience a rush into the store and grabbing up of limited stock is pretty much the norm - even at the south store. Never witnessed line cutting. Had to read post #10 a few times - a rifle returned to the floor because it was brought to counter without purchasing paperwork filled in? Never heard of that before.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:45 AM

yep he didn't have his paperwork creditinals to submit, as new customer I believe and so he lost the rifle. I don't know if they were in his car or at home. I thought I herd him say he left them in his car but I don't know for certain. He had his phone in his hand and Bob said that's the policy and so the rifle returned to the floor for someone else.

Last edited by Shooter26; 07-12-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:49 AM

I been to the NS many times thru the years, and have seen 3 (men) ??? Team there before.
Always thought just the local regular friends getting together for a day at the NS., But with Bob's actions and no one else at the NS putting a stop to the "3". MAYBE they are all thick as thieves......jmho.

Last edited by nobody; 07-12-2015 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-2015, 12:20 PM

Default Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I been to the NS many times thru the years, and have seen 3 (men) ??? Team there before.
Always thought just the local regular friends getting together for a day at the NS., But with Bob's actions and no one else at the NS putting a stop to the "3". MAYBE they are all thick as thieves......jmho.
There is lots of blame to shoulder here first with the cutters then with the people that allowed them to cut. A person no matter how big can block someone out with a little tenacity. Low man wins.
The store employees ,any stores employees shouldn't have to babysit the customers manners or lack thereof.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
There is lots of blame to shoulder here first with the cutters then with the people that allowed them to cut. A person no matter how big can block someone out with a little tenacity. Low man wins.
The store employees ,any stores employees shouldn't have to babysit the customers manners or lack thereof.
Unfortunately...many have forgot the lessons of fair play, and courtesy!