Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2015, 08:24 PM

I would love to go to one of the stores, but with the 10-12 hr drive, it seems like its not worth it. Gas, time and maybe nothing there, and for $900 well, just this weekend at the Allentown Show in PA, I saw an Inland for $850 and a rather worn looking Inland for $675 walking around - I did not buy either - although I bought a couple HXP spam cans for $145 each (in clips).

Oh, and a plainfield in a folding stock for $600

Ed

Last edited by weimar_police; 07-12-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=pappasue;1325158]I love smart people, the best team I ever coached had 3 high honor students and 4 honor students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
[B]
LOL! This guy was so smart he took all that education and decided it would be more lucrative to pursue any further academics as a hobby and lick the windshield of a locomotive to pay the bills. More money for smokes, beer...and rifles. I am sorry if I was rude.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 07-12-2015, 08:35 PM

Default Rude

[QUOTE=kilroywashere;1325181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
I love smart people, the best team I ever coached had 3 high honor students and 4 honor students.

LOL! This guy was so smart he took all that education and decided it would be more lucrative to pursue any further academics as a hobby and lick the windshield of a locomotive to pay the bills. More money for smokes, beer...and rifles. I am sorry if I was rude.
Heck you weren't rude except I don't remember being offered any IPA's.
Have a great night

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-13-2015, 01:40 AM

I suppose if you didn't drop out of school at age ten...Well, I do digress.

Carbines are back in production. The Inland trade name was purchased and production has resumed:
http://www.inland-mfg.com/index.html

It's a shame that their representative is the same firm that makes High Point pistols and carbines:
http://www.mkssupply.com/

In any case, a new Inland carbine retails at $1049. If I was in the market for something along those lines (which I am not, nor will I ever be), the $900 the CMP is charging for a totally refinished USGI carbine seems like a good deal, IMO.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:10 AM

It retails for $1049. yes, but when you find the CMP has none on the floor, you can go down to Commercial Row and buy one directly from Inland for under $1000.

Not bad, I suppose, but it'll never have the history that the USGI surplus carbine has. They ARE magnificent looking reproductions, though. I had to ask if they were reworked originals or new production. If they shoot as good as they look, Inland should make their customers very happy.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:37 AM

A gun is not worth fighting over. Deck them with the first blow. It really isn't new behavior as that sort of thing happened back in school in the sixties and while I don't get into fights, one properly landed blow to the belly of the bully put you in good stead with everyone else and the bully never was a bother again. Some buyers are just Walmart shoppers and think nothing of it. Sad that the NS didn't have more to offer during the games.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 AM

I think the North Store is just metering things out so as to have SOMETHING throughout the entire period. If they fill the racks right off the bat everything will disappear in quick fashion before rifle week ever arrives. With the influx of individuals arriving NOW and in the next few days it behooves the CMP to do such. Everything will sell.

It's sad to see a bunch of grown men acting like school children lining up for a prize.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 07-13-2015, 07:54 AM

I wish they would let the staff restock the racks as they see fit throughout the day. There are plenty of times when there's nobody in the store. That would curb much of this first in line silliness.