Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2016, 11:03 PM

All,

The barreled actions were HORRIBLE.!!! They were a joke to buy at $450.00 and after enough complaining and NO one buying them at $450... An announcement was made around 11:30 that the price was being dropped... and I saw NO One still decide to take one home...

I looked at several, especially a 5 digit Inland with an 8/42 dated barrel...it gauged past 4 on the muzzle... had active rust on the receiver and was heavily pitted below the woodline....why waste perfectly good money on junk...????

Paul
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Man View Post
All,

The barreled actions were HORRIBLE.!!! They were a joke to buy at $450.00 and after enough complaining and NO one buying them at $450... An announcement was made around 11:30 that the price was being dropped... and I saw NO One still decide to take one home...

I looked at several, especially a 5 digit Inland with an 8/42 dated barrel...it gauged past 4 on the muzzle... had active rust on the receiver and was heavily pitted below the woodline....why waste perfectly good money on junk...????

Paul
Spring is almost here and I love tomatoes?
Old 02-06-2016, 11:38 PM

Yes,

They would make great tomato stakes.!!!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Man View Post
All,

Paul
My barreled reciever had a good barrel with almost a 1/4 inch of bullet showing. Once I got it put together it functioned fine and as far as I can tell it shoots good too, but a lower than I like. As soon as I saw it had a good barrel I scooped it up and payed 150 for it .
Old 03-28-2016, 12:28 PM

Just had my account privileges granted after registering before the sale...

I grabbed one of the last Carbines available. It's a Saginaw with a Rockola barrel. It's my first carbine and first CMP purchase. The fit of the stock is really loose so I ordered a new one from J&G that hopefully will fit a bit tighter for shooting it. I'm keeping the stock that came with it.