Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapriester View Post
Once you get it set to the desired trim length it's as simple as this. Of course the trimmed cases will require chamfer and deburring afterwards. A drill press is the cat's weow but even a portable drill works good. Run the press at about 1000 RPM. One of the best parts about these is you can trim primed cases which you can't do with a LEE. You must full length size the cases first. For primed cases just remove the primer punch from the expander bushing before sizing.

https://youtu.be/jhIrjZtBXXc
Larry,
After watching your video I ordered a Lee 3-jaw chuck and spindle. My hands are tired of messing with the Lee trimmer shell holders. I didn't know this hardware existed. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:01 AM

Giraud is hands down the best trimmer. The best money Iíve spent on reloading gear.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:36 PM

I have the Lee Quick Trim. And it will do a good job if you donít use the cutter that also champhers the case neck. I didnít like the ragged edge that was the result of using the champher blades, so I removed them and got a smooth nicely trimmed case mouth also it is adjustable to get the exact length you want for your cases. BUT you still have to hand champher or deburr you cases. I also use the Lee trimmers that the other guys mentioned and they are inexpensive but my hands get very tired using them. I prefer using the quick trim system.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:33 PM

Just ran a small batch of 6.5 Creedmoor through the Lyman because it was set up and ready. Normally the Giraud , center rear, is the go to trimmer. I like the fact that the Giraud is fast and does a fabulous job on mouth prep.

Semper Fi
Art