Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 PM

Default Service rifle glove?

So, what is popular right now, full fingers, open finger mitt? I cannot remember what I used before. I'll be shooting a Garand, and maybe an AR some.
Thanks, B
Old 03-28-2015, 09:54 PM

I prefer an open fingered glove. I really like my monard
Old 03-28-2015, 09:58 PM

I like full finger. It helps me remeber to keep my hand open. was using the creedmore but the rubber deteriorates and I was barely getting a year out of them. Just switched to a monard that's not a full finger and I like it. I still use a creedmore full finger for offhand with my ar15. My hand covers the ejection port and I don't like hot brass on my exposed fingers. Waiting for monard to make a full finger version.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 PM

Burned through two Creedmore open finger gloves. Have a Monard now, am not looking back...
Old 03-28-2015, 10:40 PM

Here's another guy who won't buy another Creedmore Pakistani-made open finger glove. The rubber begins flaking off almost immediately. Surprising cause Creedmore is a quality minded vendor. My 4 year old Creedmore leather hardback coat looks new, and all the rubber is tight. Gonna try the Monard.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Banned

In the past I used two gloves, a full finger for standing and an open finger for sitting and prone.

The way I hold both ARs and bolt guns in standing makes it uncomfortable to have exposed fingers pretty quickly.

Now, I just use a full finger glove for everything.

I got a very slightly used yellow Creedmoor about 2 mo ago and seems to be doing OK with dry firing 2 - 3 times a week and range work once a week. When it does die I'll probably get something better made in Europe (Thune, Monard, Gehmann).

Euro style gloves work miles better than those oven mitt looking things from Freeland
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 AM

I use to go thru 3 creedmores a year. Yea a monard is pricy but im starting my 3rd season with it.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:28 AM

I wear a Gehmann full finger glove for offhand, then trade that for a Freeland mitt while in the sling.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloreman View Post
I use to go thru 3 creedmores a year. Yea a monard is pricy but im starting my 3rd season with it.
Yea I've read too many reports of Creedmoors falling apart quick, but I got it for really cheap. I'll just run it into the ground and then buy something better.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:54 AM

i also use a very tight sling. The stiff plasticy rubber monard uses really distributes the sling pressure well. it feels slippery but sticks like glue. Ill be buying a new one at perry this year. the only us vendor for monard is shawn mckenna from mckenna shooting sports and he can be awkward to deal with. but the gloves are great. if and when life settles down im going to get one of there coats. I have a creedmoor hardback now but having played with rootsys coat theres a difference.