Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2020, 12:00 PM

Default Gunbroker 1911A1

Thoughts on this gunbroker 1911a1. Item #852629743
Old 01-14-2020, 12:30 PM

Looks good to me. Price is average, not a bargain but not out of line.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:01 PM

Thank you Milsurp Collector. It looks to me ( Which Im very new to this) like original finish.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:54 PM

I agree it looks original. Interesting to see how much the appearance changes because of lighting and applying gun oil. Looking at recent sales for original Colt M1911A1s - which tend to sell at a little higher price than original Remington Rands and Ithacas, but less than US&S - that one is a little cheaper than others that sold on Gunbroker.com recently. On the other hand, I bought this Colt M1911A1

for $1900 at a local gun show last summer. That's why I said the price is average. You can find them for more and for less. Depends on what you have available locally and how patient you are. If you have to have one right away that one on Gunbroker.com isn't a bad price, but you might be able to do better locally plus you'll save the $45 shipping fee and the FFL transfer fee. I check out local gun stores, pawn shops, and gun shows as often as I can.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:12 PM

The way I read it if you have a curio relic FFL03 you can save on the FFL01 transfer fee. Just sayin.
OBTW it looks like a fine piece.

Last edited by fenton04; 01-14-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton04 View Post
The way I read it if you have a curio relic FFL03 you can save on the FFL01 transfer fee. Just sayin.
Depends on the state you live in. Some states have passed so-called "universal" background check laws that require all firearm transfers to go through an FFL 01 with few exceptions. States with those laws have rendered an FFL 03 virtually worthless. Fortunately for the OP Michigan is not one of those states, so if he has an FFL 03 he can save the transfer fee but he would still have to pay for shipping. That seller is also in Michigan and states that if the buyer is in Michigan he would have to collect 6% sales tax. That's another $150 if he uses Buy it Now and gets it for $2500.

Last edited by Milsurp Collector; 01-14-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:41 PM

I live in Missouri and I have a FFL03. When I first got it 2003 New Jersey was the only state that it was worthless in. I remember when I got my FFL license it was sent with a state by state guide to gun laws in each state. At that time half of the book (it was rather large and DVD was not here yet) was devoted to California. Its a crying shame that these gun grabbing states are putting the screws on collectors of all people. Sorry rant over. But that is still a nice looking 1911A1.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:52 AM

nice looking pistol 1943, but with that said it is not correct ,
the slide is a later slide for a 1944 models with the pregnant pony plus the slide finish does not match the frame. there are like 4 different rampant ponies stamping which tell about what years they were used.
I have the Clawson book ( small one ) the large one would give more detail.i also have serial 1097xxx to compare
unfortunately it is past the serial number range for the slide to have the serial numbers on the back of striker plate to verify matching slide.
JMHO
and the stocks are not colt either
Old 01-16-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacwa View Post
nice looking pistol 1943, but with that said it is not correct ,
the slide is a later slide for a 1944 models with the pregnant pony plus the slide finish does not match the frame. there are like 4 different rampant ponies stamping which tell about what years they were used.
I have the Clawson book ( small one ) the large one would give more detail.i also have serial 1097xxx to compare
unfortunately it is past the serial number range for the slide to have the serial numbers on the back of striker plate to verify matching slide.
JMHO
and the stocks are not colt either
The grips appear to be Keyes not Colt but I'm not seeing what you are on the slide. Regardless, I agree that the price is average, not great, and I'd want better pics before pursuing it.