Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmercury2000 View Post
I have a well used 10/41 SA barrel. ME 3+ and TE4+ but it comes very close to closing on a Field gauge. Bore is frosted and obviously saw lots of corrosive ammo. No import or Lend Lease marks. Had it changed as the rifle is going to be a shooter. Kept it for the heck of it. Really curious if it has any collector value.

Thanks
The numbers are not at all high, frosting means nothing if it has good rifling and a better condition bolt might be the headspace solution that doesn't need a solution. If it doesn't close on a Field it's still in spec not near headsoace failure. Was it on an original 41 receiver? The chances are very high that receiver wear was contributing to the headspace "problem" slong with bolt wear. Is the chamber in the white (most older vintage will have corrosion darkening). What is the external condition of the barrel finish? Normal wear and tear, not refinished?

In reality, you have a barrel there with high value. Especially if it's in what vould be considered normal wear condition. Refinished not so much. If "normal" I, personally, would post it in Gunbroker withba $350 starting price.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Thank you for that!
Old 12-08-2019, 07:31 PM

Not long ago I was helping a friend sell a S-A 10-41 barrel with Lend Lease stamps (BNP) on the rear. Excellent bore too. It was posted on a few forums including this one. No interest at $450, he
did sell it a month or two later for $150.00