Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Default Hello From Alaska

New guy from Alaska here. I'm a long time rifle, shotgun and handgun shooter. Some of my weaknesses are 1911s and Remington 700s. I have a SAI M1A (Scout Squad) and several AR15s and a few mini-14s. Believe it or not, I still don't have a Garand, however, I've got the paperwork filled out for a RM1 Special. Been wanting one since I was a kid. Plan to send it in on Wednesday.

Looks as if you guys have a great forum here.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947
Default Welcome...

...to the forum. You can't have just ONE Garand. How's the salmon run(s)? Lot of good info passes around on this forum.
Regards,
John
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Welcome and you will enjoy your Garand and the many that will follow!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 PM

Anywhere near Palmer? Welcome to the asylum!
WMC
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw1947 View Post
How's the salmon run(s)?Regards,
John
The king run in my area wasn't very good this year, silver run should be better. The red run in the Copper seams to be doing well so will probably head up for dip-netting in a couple weeks.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Duty-KTP View Post
Anywhere near Palmer? Welcome to the asylum!
WMC
As a matter of fact, my office is in Palmer. I'm about fifteen miles from there.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Default Fellow Alaskan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
New guy from Alaska here. I'm a long time rifle, shotgun and handgun shooter. Some of my weaknesses are 1911s and Remington 700s. I have a SAI M1A (Scout Squad) and several AR15s and a few mini-14s. Believe it or not, I still don't have a Garand, however, I've got the paperwork filled out for a RM1 Special. Been wanting one since I was a kid. Plan to send it in on Wednesday.

Hi from Sitka. Share your weakness for 1911s...three of 'em nestled in the safe. My SAI M1A's a medium weight stainless barrel specimen, composite stock, NM sights etc. It shares the racks with a couple of Garands, an HBAR, M1 Carbine (Saginaw S'G'), US M1917, various Enfields, Mausers, lever action Winchesters and whatnot. We've some really impressive brown bears in these parts, so there's also a Ruger .416 Rigby and Whitworth .375 H&H roosting in the racks. I know you'll enjoy this Forum.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM

Doug, welcome to the forum!

Send a PM to a guy on the forum here: "Mac-o-tac" he also lives in Wasilla. I will also be coming to AK on July 26-31 to instruct the first Appleseed Project shoot at Birchwood Gun Club, just south of there. Bring out your new Garand! Mac can tell you all about it.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

you need a copy of the american rifleman article reloading for the m1 rifle loaded with data on brass,primers,powders,bullets from 150gr thru 200gr send me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Doug;

Another welcome to the Forums, from another CA resident, glad you decided to pitch your tent with us.
GCA Member #5701
CMP Customer #110194
Regards.
Stan