Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Default 6/28 Report

This report will be a lot like the one from earlier. PLENTY of HRA SGS to be had. More snipers than you can shake a stick at. 1 Winchester Service Grade left, though the barrel is very well worn. 4 Winny Field Grades and about 8 Springfield Field Grades. Two of the Springer FG's were 6-digits, one of which had fantastic finish on it. I picked it up about 6 times wondering if it was worth snatching up for the NOS barrel I have stashed away. Allas, it's still on the rack. A full rack of Kimbers also graced the room.

My dad ended up bringing 2 HRA SGS's home with muzzles under 1. Great additions to the collection. There's also PLENTY of ammo to be had.

Oh yeah...the twins are still there. How those pitiful things haven't found their way to the dumpster is beyond me hahaha

A great first trip to the North Store. We shall return!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:38 PM

Actually, the twins should be properly mounted on the wall and retained in perpetuity.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 PM

Ok, I haven't followed the posts. What are the twins? I can only assume its a pair of junk m1d's, so grossly overpriced, they have been there forever.
Also, a Winchester SG with a junk barrel? Wouldn't a high ME automatically make it fall into the field or rack grade?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM

Todd. Think it's a set of 1917 Enfield ceremonials. Ones white painted ones black painted. Can't be sure but remember something like that
Old 06-29-2013, 06:46 AM

Todd- the last Winchester SG gauged at the extreme for SG wear. It swollowed the muzzle gauge when I dropped it in. For the money, a FG would have been a same same situation (in my mind).
Old 06-29-2013, 04:39 PM

How did the SGS look in terms of the finish wear on the receivers? Any wear on the high points? Can you possibly provide a close up pic of the sides of the receiver on one of them that your father purchased? I'm just curious what they looked like. Hope its not too much to ask.
Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM

What were the prices of the Winchester FG and SG ? I can't find the prices on the sales page since they're not accepting orders. I'd like to try and pick one up at the North store on Wednesday if they have any available.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasuwannee View Post
What were the prices of the Winchester FG and SG ? I can't find the prices on the sales page since they're not accepting orders. I'd like to try and pick one up at the North store on Wednesday if they have any available.
WRA SG...$795
WRA FG...$695

There were no SG's on Saturday.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks! A fg would be fine with me.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM

I stopped in last week. I picked up a Field Grade springfield 3/3. Took her shooting and wow. Pickings were slim.

Joe