Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orest View Post
some on next truck. while it lasts. this is not a regular stock item.
Looks like some more stuff may be coming.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:25 PM

Any of the barreled receivers with bolts?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB View Post
Any of the barreled receivers with bolts?
It's been a few weeks since I've been there, but I think they are out. They just have the Navy BRs
Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM

I was there this morning when they opened and picked myself up a Winchester SG with a muzzle erosion of less than 1 and a throat erosion of around 2. One of the guys at the counter said every single one of the Winchester SG's offered for sale this morning had great Winchester barrels. They weren't wrong, I didn't get the chance to look at all of them, but the worst I saw was 2 on the muzzle and 3 on the throat. There was also a decent selection of SA field grades. Most notably a six digit, a 4.2 and a 4.3 all had pretty decent wood on them. There was a huge selection of HRA SGS avaliable. You really couldn't go wrong choosing any of them from what I saw. It was certainly a worth while experiance and the staff were very kind and as always, very helpful. Hopefully I can find an excuse to make my way back there again sometime.

Last edited by Wickstrom; 07-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickstrom View Post
I was there this morning when they opened and picked myself up a Winchester SG with a muzzle erosion of less than 1 and a throat erosion of around 2. One of the guys at the counter said every single one of the Winchester SG's offered for sale this morning had great Winchester barrels. They weren't wrong, I didn't get the chance to look at all of them, but the worst I saw was 2 on the muzzle and 3 on the throat. There was also a decent selection of SA field grades. Most notably a six digit, a 4.2 and a 4.3 all had pretty decent wood on them. There was a huge selection of HRA SGS avaliable. You really couldn't go wrong choosing any of them from what I saw. It was certainly a worth while experiance and the staff were very kind and as always, very helpful. Hopefully I can find an excuse to make my way back there again sometime.
Did you make it to Gettysburg??
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasuwannee View Post
I was waiting for that! Unfortunately I'm not home. Yet. Ill post some this evening. From what I understand, most if not all of the Winnie service grades had Winchester barrels. Quite the day and score from what everyone was saying at the store.
I was one the last one in line when the door opened and heard Bob say that he hadn't seen this, meaning a shipment with WRA's that all have the WRA barrels, in the ten years that he's worked there. I wondered, but didn't ask, if they had more to set out for later in the day or tomorrow. I didn't count them, but there must have been 8-10 of them based on the number of people that were in front of me.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Yea I think I lucked out.... They should've all be gone by the time I walked in at 0915. I was only hoping for a half way decent fg or barreled receiver to build up.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1108 View Post
Did you make it to Gettysburg??
We're making our way there right now, about an hour left to go. 12 hours in the car to Port Clinton yesterday and 7 hours to our hotel outside Ghedttysburg today is proving to be quite the road trip, but its certainly going to be worth it.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 PM

Default report

heard orest say a truck would be there on the 8th. They had some very nice chrome 1903 drill rifles. Alot were high numbers with good headspace. They had about 20 of those. I brought home the last winchester SG muzzle 1.5 and the throat is a 2.5. Original barrel 2.5mill ww2 springfield stock with winchester top wood. 2 winchester fg,dozen SA field grades nice wood weak bores. full rack of kimbers all had razor cuts. Lots of HRA SGS. My experince the Truck will be in early in the matches and wont last the whole time.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Default turner sling

Forgot to mention they had Turner 48" tan slings for $40 really cheap usually $55-$60 online